iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thanks for your site

Started by horseman, July 15, 2010, 10:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

horseman

I just reread the email that your computer sent my computer..  In the old days it was "Have your lawyer call my lawyer" not sure we have made steps in the right direction or not.  Anyway to update, I am building a mill to build a barn with.  We moved to another part of the ranch and there are no barns here and lots of big trees.  We built a new house and can't see the forest because of the trees so some of them are going.  Tree=log=lumber=barn, the way I figure it.  I started with a print from Linn Lumber but when my barn raising help called to say they would be here a couple of months early I ordered the smallest kit Linn lumber sells to speed things up. The mill will saw a 36" log and has 30 feet of track.  It is going pretty well considering I have never seen a mill before.  Thanks to your site I can see lots of stuff and get all my questions answered. When I get closer Ill get some pictures out to you guys. Thanks, Todd
Nobody is totally worthless--- they can always serve as a bad example!!!!

Bill Gaiche

Good luck to building your new mill. Its rewarding to ones self to be able to build a mill. Sounds like you have everything under control. If you get a chance to look at some mills in person i believe that it will help down the road for new and later modifications. I have learned a lot from the F/F and continue to do so everyday. Do you have a lot of Bettle kill in your area? I have a cousin that has a cabin south of you 45 miles as the crow flys.

paul case

ME TOO
i want to say how much i enjoy this site and this is as good a place as any.

i appreciate the help and different ideas and even the difference in opinions are ok too. and for the moderators and admin.and sponsors. thanks for making this possible.   

sincerely,

Paul case
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

trapper

be careful i'm adicted to it
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Mark Webb

I've not been a member long but folks have been a real help to me
The Lord made enough time in each day to do what we need to do "graciously".

paul case

trapper
  im not addicted,
i get up  coffee and forum, work til lunch and if i eat i check the forum, then work till time to quit and clean up and eat supper and check the forum. so i think its just food for thought. so i may be adicted. theres worse stuff.pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

horseman

Bill,  thanks for the reply.  We don't have the beetle kill here around us. I will use some of the cottonwood we have for the siding and some dead standing doug fir for the posts and beams.  Some of the old barns in the area are from cottonwood.  I talked to an old sawyer before starting this project, he said he would rather use cottonwood for building because it is so clear.  He said the major drawback for him and his circular sawmill is the sand or dirt that is under the bark and dulls his saw very quickly.  I guess we will find out soon.  45 miles south of us would be Black mesa or maybe the Cimmoron? Todd
Nobody is totally worthless--- they can always serve as a bad example!!!!

Buck

Mah! Dis a good place yeah!
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Thank You Sponsors!