iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl MS260 /026 air cleaner

Started by slowzuki, December 04, 2003, 05:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slowzuki

Well, I know now why my new stihl has such an easy access air filter!   Thing gets dirty quick!

I started fouling plugs the last couple of tanks of gas and I thought is was to do with the cold weather.  Well the air filter looked clean when I was changing plugs!  Finally looked closely and the old rotton elm I cut up a while back clogged it with a very fine dust.  I had to use the air hose pressed tight to clean it.

I've never seen a filter clog quite like that.  It's running great now!
Ken

SasquatchMan

Well, at least you know the filters work!  Stihl makes a fuzzy filter for those saws too (maybe you had one on already...) - designed for dusty applications.
Senior Member?  That's funny.

Kevin

I tuned my 335 today.
It had dropped to about 1000rpm on idle from 2800.
The cooler temps have an affect on the carbs.

slowzuki

Kevin, I'd need a tach to tell the RPM, I'm useless by ear!  I can tell that idle is more loppy in the cold.  It will idle smooth then drop for a few seconds then idle smooth again.

I've been cutting up dead oaks etc in rock piles.  Lots of practice sharpening!  I need to get a peavey so I can roll those suckers.

IndyIan

Ken,
I got a peavey through lee valley, that was the only place I could find a peavey instead of a cant hook.

Also I use my felling lever alot, it has an adjustable hook on it so it can be used like a peavey as well.  I got it through my husky dealer.  It's goes anywhere the saw goes.  Here's a picture.
http://www.usa.husqvarna.com/files/products/product/tools/5056943-01_1020-089_173x250.jpg
It's around 3' long so I can get some good leverage but the extra 1.5' on the peavey makes rolling most logs pretty easy.

Hopefully one of these will keep you out of the rocks!   8)
Ian

slowzuki

That husquvarna tool is interesting, I've never seen one like that!  I try to stay away from Lee Valley as the prices are kinda high.

I can't say I've seen any log moving tools in stores here.  Everyone has them but they say they've owned the tool for 25+ years!

I have a few metal working tools, I may try my hand at smithing my own!

jokers

Try Commercial Cutters or Bailey`s for Peaveys, cant hooks, or felling levers(bars) like the one from Husky.

Commercial Cutters Direct  //www.commercialcutters.com

Bailey`s //www.baileys-online.com

Russ

Thank You Sponsors!