iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Things to do

Started by Peter Drouin, November 18, 2023, 06:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

After Jan 1 when I close for the winter and the HOT ROD is done. I have to go through the blades. I pile them up if they need more than a sharpening.

I do have a bunch of carbides in there too.
Then clean the shop.

It's a mess :D good job when it snows.
Go through some Cherry and all the turning blanks.

Have Butternut, curly Maple, and some I forgot what there are. :D and maybe some ice fishing too. ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

SawyerTed

Maybe some ice fishing?   

You should mix that right in there with the other stuff!   
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Sod saw

I vote for ice fishing!

LT 40 hyd.          Solar Kiln.          Misc necessary toys.
It's extremely easy to make things complicated, but very difficult to keep things simple.

cutterboy

Peter, looks like you have enough work to keep you busy till you start back up in the spring. :D
What do those blades need if they need more than a sharpening? And how on earth did you manage to accumulate so many?
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

beenthere

Peter
Looks to be a very cozy and relaxing workshop. Have a good winter hanging out in there. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Peter Drouin

Quote from: cutterboy on November 18, 2023, 06:58:41 AM

What do those blades need if they need more than a sharpening? And how on earth did you manage to accumulate so many?

A little from last fall most from this year. They all need to be de-set and re-set.
Lines on the lumber can't have that. :D
My blades last a long time, sharpen 5 or 6 times, and then the hard on the tooth is gone before they break. With the hard part gone, they don't stay sharp long. When I buy blades, I get boxes and boxes of them at a time.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

OH logger

Nice shop especially like the big Crucifix 
john

Peter Drouin

Quote from: OH logger on November 18, 2023, 08:41:21 PM
Nice shop especially like the big Crucifix

My sister bought an old house, The old guy was a widower. He was cleaning the house. I saw it in a garbage can. Can't do that. I bought it home. I was brought up Catholic and went to a Catholic school where the nuns would straton you out if you acted up. ;D In fact, the whole town was all Catholic.
I miss those days when everybody was happy and kind to each other.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Thank You Sponsors!