iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Disston and Titan-Any parts crossover?

Started by Chris J, November 10, 2005, 01:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris J

I recently won a Disston DA211 on eekBay, and I'm eyeing a Titan 40 for the bar & chain, and maybe other misc parts.  Is there any parts crossover between the the two saws?  This' is my first saw this big and this old, well, except the old David Bradley that I never bothered to work on.  An IPL for the DA211 would certainly be useful.

Your insight and help is appreciated!
Certified Amateur Chainsaw Tinkerer.  If sucess is built on failure, then one day I'll live on the top of Mt. Everest.

Chris J

Anyone with info?  Crofter? Al? Bill? Mike?

Please.
Certified Amateur Chainsaw Tinkerer.  If sucess is built on failure, then one day I'll live on the top of Mt. Everest.

Chris J

Chris J

Mr. Lewis Brander answered my question, but the news wasn't good  :'(.

Be careful, & aw ra best...Chris J.

Jeff

I take it the answer was there is no cross over?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Chris J

No, no parts crossover.  Two different manufactorers, different specs.  So much for wishful thinking.

Be careful, & aw ra best...Chris J.

Thank You Sponsors!