iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Belsaw Molder Planer

Started by logboy, January 02, 2012, 11:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logboy

Does anyone here have experience with a Belsaw Molder Planer, specifically model 9103?  My old man bought one a year ago along with a whole box of knives and weights. Its been sitting in my woodshop ever since.  I have yet to really mess with it other than running a piece of pine through it. It seems like the feed roller isnt low enough though.  It was barely putting any pressure on the board and kept slipping. I was scared it was going to kick back and try to kill me.
I like Lucas Mills and big wood.  www.logboy.com

JV

John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

Larry

Most of those have rubber feed rollers.  The infeed roller wears pretty fast and will develop a low spot in the center.  Yes, that can be dangerous if wore too much.

Other than variable speed the machine is not that much different than a brand new Woodmaster.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Thank You Sponsors!