iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

mobile dimensions modification

Started by cwk266, December 06, 2018, 10:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cwk266

Has anyone modified or thought about modifying the up and down mechanism on the mobile dimensions mill?Besides the hand cranking I realize that electric is a available option there seems to be some room for error using the cable system when it comes to accurate movement.The way the cable gets wound and unwound on the spool could make a difference between the 4 end stands.I found that after cranking to the desired height I could walk around the end stands and and give the cross member a slight tap and usually get it to drop a bit on 2 of the corners.I got into the habit of dropping a little more than needed,tap the 4 corners and then lift up to desired height.It improved the accuracy of the cut end to end that is why I was wondering if anyone had come up with a improved method getting definite exact movements on all four corners.Maybe I am over thinking it or has anyone else noticed the same thing?Maybe there is a genius in our midst that has designed a electronic set works and mechanism lol      

Thank You Sponsors!