iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Little Pine Salvage Job

Started by Corley5, February 07, 2011, 09:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

I cleaned up a timber trespass for the DNR late last fall  8)  I got the logs for cheap but had to remove a blockage get them off the pipeline and put the blockage back in place when I was done.  The trees were cut by the company doing the ROW maintenance on the pipeline.  They weren't in the ROW but blocked the view from the air so they cut them and paid the $5,000.00 in damages.

After the cleanup.  The stumps are evident and the Black River is in the middle of the pic.

The blockage is back in place.  I didn't take any before pics because I was in a bit of a hurry to get it done.  It was Halloween, I was sick, I had to cut the stems into logs, get them out and stacked and get home in time to Trick or Treat  ;D :)

There was one large red pine a half mile away that I hauled to this site.  I was glad I didn't cut the butt log any longer.  It was all the Bobcat wanted and then some  ;D

Decked and ready to haul.  I had a self loader retrieve them for me  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

CX3

Nice logs.  Looks like a good place to see a deer crossing down by the river
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

Meadows Miller

Gday

That is a nice pile of salvage logs you will get some great timber out of those Mate  ;) ;D ;D 8)  It is upsetting sometimes how much timber gets wasted in some industry's associated with tree removal im sure the blokes doing the clearing had no interest in getting the timber out  ;)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Corley5

I sawed a few of the logs at New Years after getting into nails in my other batch.  I didn't find any nails in what I sawed but did find a bullet that was pretty DanG hard.  Somebody shot at a deer crossing down by the river  ;D :D :)  I had to touch up the teeth after that encounter.  Pretty hard lead  :)
  These trees were only cut to get them out of the way.  They chipped the tops to about 6" and pushed the rest to the side.  A definite waste  :(
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

treefarmer87

1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Thank You Sponsors!