iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Well, I really did it now.

Started by oakiemac, June 30, 2005, 09:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakiemac

Screwed up my left shoulder that is. Seperated the clavical from the shoulder blade when I was body surfing in North Carolina. We had just got there to start our vacation and a storm was brewing with tornado warnings and the whole nine yards. Of course this brought the surf up and also of course little boys like me and my kids couldn't resist trying out those enormous waves. I was riding a lot of good waves when a really big one thrashed me on the bottom and I heard my shoulder tear. :(
I can hardly move my left arm and I was just sitting here thinking about how I was going to load both kilns, saw up 3Mbf of oak, ash, and cherry and go to my other job with a clipped wing. ???
My only hope is that school is out and I might be able to hire some boys to help. I think I can run the mill if some one tails for me and loads the logs.
I just learned to how to tie my shoes today one handed so things  might not be so bad after all. Now if I could only get that one spot on my back that still itches I'd be all set. :)
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Part_Timer

Oakie

Sorry to hear about your luck.  At least you did it doing something you like.  I tore a rotator cup a year or so ago.  I like to never got it healed up. 
Hope you get well soon.

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

sawguy21

Some of us just refuse to grow up and quit having fun :D :D :D Hope you are back to sawing soon.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

OneWithWood

Okie,
Hiring some kids is a good thought.  Give that shoulder plenty of time to heal.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

dewwood

Sometimes things happen which give us a reason to pause and take a little different view of things, maybe you will come up with some ideas to improve your business as you make adjustments for your current situation. 

Hoping your healing is fast and complete.
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Jeff

Maybe its time for me to come visit. I could give ya crip lessons. I'm getting good at compensating:)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

oakiemac

Thanks for the "crip" offer Jeff. But my shoulder is doing much better. Still a lot of pain but I can actually move it now. I don't think I will be doing any arm wrestling with it any time soon ;D
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

isawlogs

I wrecked a shoulder back in 91 ... still get remindded more times then I care too , of things that it cant and wont do .
   Hope your healing goes good and wont be long .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Ga_Boy

Oakie,

Sorry to hear about your shoulder. 

I blew the tendons in my left elbow a few months ago, it takes time to heal but you will get there.

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Bro. Noble

Oakie,  hope you get along well.

It could have been worse---------I tore mine up falling in the cow poo :(
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Thank You Sponsors!