iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Merry Christmas and a few reflections

Started by oakiemac, December 25, 2007, 10:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakiemac

I know there are a few other merry Christmas threads started but I couldn't help but start my own.

Merrry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God bless each and every one!

May your lumber be all FAS, may your logs be free of all metal, may your blades stay sharp, may your customers pay on time, may your equipment run well, and most important of all my your health and that of your family be good this year.

Well, here at Hickory&Oak sawmill and lumber company we have certainly had our challenges this year but we ended up exceding our sales goal for the year. The bad news is that we also way exceeded spending (mainly on the new building). Another item of good news is that we just landed a big order to cut walnut 3" squares for a furniture company. We hope this is an on going thing but a lot I think depends on how they like the first batch. So if you have any walnut logs you want to sell, please let me know.
Back to bad news-a high school kid that works for me hit the mill with the bobcat and broke the bar that runs along the side to lower and raise the mill head. :'(

Anyways, thanks to all for answering all my questions this year with wisdom and patience. I would also like to thank the Stump Jumpers for house sitting while we were on vacation and sawing up a good size whack of logs. They also had to deal with one of our horses that died while we were gone. They coudnt reach us on the cell phone because we were in the mountains, but they buried the horse and took care of everything.

Once again, Merry Christmas!
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Stump Jumper

sounds like you are in need of a welder  ;) and  an extra sawyer & mill & maybe some tire chains for the bobcat so you can stop the machine before it hits the mill  :-\ 

Merry Christmas to everyone
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

oakiemac

Not sure how he broke it. Probably done while scooping saw dust and he hit it with the bucket. Just bent the bar but bent it bad. I think I can take it to work and bend it back on a hyd press. The real pain is that this square bar has a small square tubing that runs inside it and is supposed to slide out but is rusted in place and I havent been able to free it yet.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Thank You Sponsors!