iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ad-Aware

Started by woodbowl, February 02, 2008, 11:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodbowl

Has anyone not been recieving the latest versions of ad-aware updates lately? My latest version is sitting and waiting to load, but I've gotten an error for several days now and it still won't load. I'm just wondering if it's down or if it doesn't like my computor anymore.  :)
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Gary_C

I have had the same problem. So I just went to their web site and downloaded a new version. Now the free version is the same as the paid version except the extra features are disabled till you pay the annual fee.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Woodcarver

Lavasoft discontinued support of Ad-Aware SE.  You will need to download the new version that Gary mentioned, Woodbowl.
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

woodbowl

Gary, did you delete the old version first before loading it? I've heard of a few problems in stack loading.
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Gary_C

No I did not delete it before downloading. I did after and havent had any problems yet, although it lacks any good operating instructions. Probably works better if you pay.   ::)

SwampDonkey

Usually a hitch eh Gary?  :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sawguy21

Our service provider makes it available for free with the package and I have not had any problems with it. I have sometimes noticed a speed increase after running it which tells me it is doing it's job.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Gary_C

I guess I have to report that now the new version is not working very well at all. Gets hung up on a scan and will not respond.   ::)

Wish I had not downloaded it, or deleted the old version. The old version worked just fine.  >:(

Woodcarver

I'm not having good luck with the new release either.  I downloaded some update a couple of nights ago.  Now I get an error when I try to open it to start a scan.

Never had any problems with the previous release, but without updated definitions it soon wouldn't have been very useful.   
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

SwampDonkey

I've used this for years without troubles.

Spyware Blaster
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!