iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Country Music documentary

Started by Resonator, September 15, 2019, 10:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Resonator

PBS is running Ken Burns documentary of the history of country music. Very well made, multi part series (it took YEARS to produce), and well worth watching. Fascinating history of how people of different ethnic backgrounds and races took their talents to create a new form of music. Using parts of folk, gospel, blues and other old time sounds past down through generations to create something uniquely American.

smile_banjoman smiley_fiddler

Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Old Greenhorn

WOw, I didn't get a heads up on this thru my music connections. What is the theme, is it a Ken Burns thing? I'll have to see if I can find a replay somewhere. I would have thought one of my friends would have mentioned it was coming, many wind up getting hit for photos for these things or unpublished music tracks from way back in the day. Mostly I know the Bluegrass/old timey folks and thought I would have heard about it. Give me some search clues to find it.
 WHat did you think, was it well done.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Resonator

Check PBS.org for your local stations or to stream it online. They ran the first episode Sunday night (9/15), and believe it will run through September, 8 - 2 hour episodes. Everything I have seen so far I give 2 thumbs up.  smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
Previous to starting the series they aired a promo concert recorded at the Ryman in Nashville, with Vince Gill, Marty Stewart, Ricky Scaggs, Rihanna Gibbons, Dwight Yoakam, Asleep at the wheel, Larry Gatlin and many others.

firefighter ontheside

That sounds great.  I'll have to look for that.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Sixacresand

Enjoyed the programs because I like country and "hillbilly" music.  Ken Burns does a good Job. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Old Greenhorn

I'll have to make time to catch this. After the fact I found out that at least two of my friends have made photo contributions to this.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

timberking

Haven't caught any of the Burns work yet but did watch a doc on the Louisiana Hayride that was very good.

Jeff

The PBS Ken Burns documentary on Country Music is outstanding so far! What memories it brings back for me and brings a new understanding of the songs and music I grew up with. I have an affinity for old country as for many many years I listened to the Country King broadcast out of Harrison as it was the only channel that would come in clear in my sawbooth in a steel building full of huge electric motors and panels. It also reminds me of my dear and much missed friend Joe Wade.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Resonator

Just watched the last episode, and I would say all 8 episodes were exceptionally well made from beginning to end. If your a country music fan, musician, or just love listening to music, I highly recommend watching it. smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup 

Thank You Sponsors!