iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Four eyes

Started by Buck, March 19, 2012, 05:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buck

Well it was bound to happen sooner or later. Everybody else in the family wears them. I went to the doctor today and his first comment was, "how are you, other than being blind?" First pair of glasses are bi-focals. DanG!  :-\
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Raider Bill

You just got on a slippery slope......
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Patty

It really sucks to get old doesn't it.  :-\
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

wwsjr

Getting older is still the best option, however needed trifocals last year. Had to renew my CDL. 
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Chuck White

Yup, it's better to get old than the alternative.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WDH

I have mono-vision contacts.  One eye sees close, and the other sees far.  Your brain figures out which eye to use.  Took a little getting used to, but I do not have to have glasses.  At age 58, that is not too bad.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

bugdust

When we were young it seemed to take forever to get to the top, now that we've made it where's the brakes. Gotta slow this baby down! Bifocals today, diapers tomorrow.   :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

Magicman

I am 68 and do not wear glasses.  Of course, I can't see either.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

isawlogs

Quote from: Magicman on March 19, 2012, 11:16:41 PM
I am 68 and do not wear glasses.  Of course,                                 :-\

I thought there for a minute you where going to tell us you wore the diapers  :-\  :D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

fat olde elf

I had 4 years of being in a small percentage (10) of folks over 70 with no signs of cataracts. At my recent exam the Doc said I did have very early signs of them, but I would be able to wait a while until they develop. My distance vision actually improved over the years to the point that I have no restrictions on my drivers license. I did the same deal that WDH has with one contact for many years. Just don't ask me to read the fine print without my 1.50 "reading" glasses. I use a maginfying lamp for detail carving.  Annual exams are a good idea at any age.  Say your prayers
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

thecfarm

Just like wearing a ring or a watch,you will get use to them. I wear the progressive lenses,just no lines bifocals really. I did get the safety style too and tinted too. Kinda pricey but I don't have to carry a pair of sun glasses or safety glasses around. I really like mine.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Norm

Here's an online store for a cheaper alternatives to buy glasses.

http://www.zennioptical.com

Both Patty and I buy ours there.

Buck

Wow what a big price difference. Thanks Norm.

Larry

I started with bifocals 10 years ago because the eye Doc said I needed them.  I've hated them.  Two months ago I got new glasses.  One set for distance and the other set for close.  I'll never go back to the DanG bifocals.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

isawlogs

Norm , I got my last glasses from them, it took less then 10 days to receive them after the order was placed. I took them to have the prescription looked at 'cause for some reason I don't trust the Chinese craftmanship  ::) but was told that the prescription was flawless.
  I have had mine now for a year or so, two pairs, both have progressive lenses with clip on sun shades for 135$ delivered to my door, yes, that is cheap.  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

trapper

That is where my wife and I get ours.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

DouginUtah

Quote from: Larry on March 20, 2012, 09:38:26 AM
I started with bifocals 10 years ago because the eye Doc said I needed them.  I've hated them.  Two months ago I got new glasses.  One set for distance and the other set for close.  I'll never go back to the DanG bifocals.

x4  :D
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

tcsmpsi

Well, Buck, I've been wearing glasses for, let's see, move the naught and carry the one....46 yrs.  Last time I was checked, still had the same  prescription.  For the last 40 yrs, they have always been wire-framed, tinted safety glass.
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Slabs

Buck I got caught on a flight physical when I was about your age.  The eye doctor looked at me and ratteled off a term about as long as my arm as to what my malady was.  I asked him if that was a clinical term for fortyitis and he said "EXACTLY'.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

Chris Burchfield

Buck, I was already in bi's and the eye doc said it's time for tri's, I went and had Lasik (?) sturgery.  I see fine by day or night driving or aiming a rifle.  I use 2.5 power readers from Wmart for reading the paper and other fine need to see.  Like sharpening the blades on my chain saws.  The sturgey doesn't fix everything, and does cost coin the insurance companies mostly do not pay.  Mine was out of pocket.  However, I don't miss going outside during rain or cold and having the specs. get wet or fog up.  Best of luck to ya!
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

WildDog

QuoteWell, Buck, I've been wearing glasses for, let's see, move the naught and carry the one....46 yrs.

You've gotta be happy with that, not many people get to 113yrs old before they need glasses :D

I only just scraped through when I renewed my truck license this year, you have to read a lower line on the chart to drive a truck :( it last 5yrs, I will have to man up and get the 4 eyes before then :(
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Roxie

My uncorrected vision is so bad that I think I'd be considered legally blind if not for contacts or glasses. 

It is always interesting when I go to a new eye doctor and he tells me to remove my glasses and then asks me what is the first line I can read on the chart.  My response, "What chart?" 

My contacts are mono-vision, the left eye is far and the right is for reading.  When I need glasses, I don't get bifocals, I just use them for driving or TV and I can read better with no correction at all. 
Say when

trapper

I dont have a right eye and and the doc"s assistant told me to cover my right eye and read the chart with my left after I told her the right was a plastic eye. 
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

sandhills

Quote from: trapper on March 21, 2012, 10:14:53 AM
I dont have a right eye and and the doc"s assistant told me to cover my right eye and read the chart with my left after I told her the right was a plastic eye.
:D  That's funny, a guy in a neighboring town is also missing an eye (it's completely gone) and is quite a colorful character to say the least.  He went on one of those cruise vacations with some good friends of mine and one thing they did was have a trap shoot contest from the ship.  In the end it had come down to him and one other guy that had both hit 99 of 99, the other guy was, well, rather pompus to put it politely and when my neighbor missed his hunderth shot he was getting some jeering from the guy, he just looked at him laughing and said "yeah, guess I closed the wrong eye for that shot!".

Thank You Sponsors!