iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Band Blade Selection

Started by Shawn, February 24, 2006, 12:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn

I see that Cooks Saw has 4 manufactors for band blades. Simonds, Lenox, Munkforssagar & Tech Band. They are all within 50 cents for the same size. Is any one better than the other?
Shawn...
Change is part of the design process.

Admit nothing, Deny everything, Make counter-accusations

Fla._Deadheader

Try one of each  :) :) ;D ;D   We prefer Munks.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Tom

Check out Menominee Saw, one of our sponsers over on the left of the page.  They distrubute blades, weld bands, doctor saws, etc., and are a lot closer to you.  You will probably save a bit on UPS shipping charges.

chet

Not ta mention handle three of da brands ya mentioned.  :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Dan_Shade

i use monks from minomonee great folks to work with!
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

dail_h

I use Simmons ,and the Tech s from Cook's,tried the Munks,had breakage issues. I think the blades are ok,but with small wheels they fatigue early.
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

LeeB

Menemonee is cheaper than Cooks on the monks. Don't know about the rest of them. LeeB
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Thank You Sponsors!