iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

echo ( 440, 520)

Started by bigdog5, March 07, 2009, 05:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdog5

I don't know if it matters anymore, but out of curiosity where are echo chainsaws made (440, 520) ?  Handled a 520 the other day at a dealer, felt good in the hands.  Echo never entered my mind, around here it seems to be Stihl, Husky or jonsered, but it seems that a lot of people like their echo saws.
                                         John

Rocky_J

Japan. Kioritz is the parent company if you wish to Google it.

bigdog5

Thanks Rocky, I'll check it out.

567paloggger

the older solid orange and black echo's were good still have one like brand new a 660evl with 24inch bar on it used it 3 times thats all everything i cut is with my 346xp or 357xp

MN Ripper

My Echo dealer said the machining and parts are made in Japan like Rocky said, but they get assembled here in the US in Illinois.  The dealer has toured the facility in IL. 
Echo CS-670, CS-330T, Stihl 028 WB

bigdog5

Ripper, thanks for the info
                                            Best,
                                                     John

ladylake

I'm thinking some of the smaller ones are made in the USA and the larger ones in Japan, all of mine are made in Japan with the smallest being a CS440. Out of my 15 or so saws my CS510 is my favorite, it's built good, handles nice, light and keeps on pulling when a lot of 50cc would quit. It might not cut as fast as a Dolmar 5100 or NE346xp but it won'tbe far behind and it has a real wide powerband. After a muffler mod and carb tuning my CS440 isn't bad either.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

DouginUtah

I caught the last half of an episode on "How It's Made" last week. It showed a small Echo being assembled. It may be repeated this week. The assemblers were not Japanese.
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

bigdog5

Thanks guys, when I brought my inherited stihl 041av into the shop to see if they could get a new sprocket for it, I was looking at there saws; they had 2 echo cs520 (new) for $349.50.  Asking a lot of questions lately, I like this forum and just trying to educate myself.  I have a shindawia 500 (given to me), and also the stihl 041av (given to me), but that echo seems pretty decent from what I'm learning.
                Thanks for your patience, John

Thank You Sponsors!