iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Checking out

Started by woodyone.john, April 22, 2021, 04:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodyone.john

Hi Guys the big C is dragging me to rapidly into the departure lounge.
This is my row to hoe sympathies not sort not required.
I can not leave without acknowledge ment of the highest order to Jeff who has not only kept this show on the road, but has done so with wit and integrity added by his trusty admins.
Whilst there are many who have made significant Inputs that have helped processes , I would specially like to thank ,in no particular order,
Marty Parsons 
Pineywoods
Yellowhammer
Bibbyman
Magicman
Custom sawyer
W.D.H.
The list goes .   
Please forgive past rash posts I may have made and my dyslexic communication s.
Thanks guys, it was the best of times for me.
Cheers John

Saw millers are just carpenters with bigger bits of wood

Bruno of NH

Prayers sent your way
I lost my Dad to cancer.
Cancer sucks.
Bruno 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

customsawyer

Hate to hear that. Thoughts and prayers sent.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

cutterboy

When my time comes I hope I can depart with as much courage and dignity as you are showing now.

Goodbye John.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ianab

This news sucks. Wishing you well.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

firefighter ontheside

I'm sorry to hear this.  Cancer sucks.  Try to enjoy the time you have.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

John S

Sorry to read this, peace be with you!
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

Old Greenhorn

John,
 I am so sorry to read this. Cancer is a relentless foe. I truly hope you are not alone in this fight and even though you indicate the outcome is inevitable, I wish you the strength to not give in. No matter the course it follows I wish for you the smoothest ride that can be managed.
 Having spent time with many people who knew the end was coming soon, I can say it is a very rare person indeed who turns their thoughts and concerns to others rather than themselves. The fact that you chose to recognize Jeff and other forum members speaks volumes about your character in addition to your stoic outlook toward the road you now face.
 I wish you God Speed as you travel the road in front of you. I can sense that your family and community will be suffering a great loss if/when that time comes.
 Be at Peace,
Tom
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Magicman

This is sad news.  While acknowledgement might not be necessary nor required, I must acknowledge that so many times I have noticed you quietly reading topics and knew that "woodyone" was there and I smiled.

My wish is for your peace and courage along this journey.  MM 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Hilltop366

Cheers John, wishing you a peaceful voyage.

YellowHammer

I want you to know that we are thinking and praying for you.  You have courage, strength, and dignity.  We are here for you.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Andries

You are a class act John.
An example to us all.
Wishing you well.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

jpassardi

I have lost several relatives to cancer, it's a terrible thing.
I wish you and your family peace.
LT15 W/Trailer, Log Turner, Power Feed & up/down
CAT 416 Backhoe W/ Self Built Hydraulic Thumb and Forks
Husky 372XP, 550XPG, 60, 50,   WM CBN Sharpener & Setter
40K # Excavator, Bobcat 763, Kubota RTV 900
Orlan Wood Gasification Boiler -Slab Disposer

Percy

You got stones John. Big ones. I wish I had known you.....
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Nebraska

Peace and comfort to you, I too am humbled by your courage. 

711ac

We'll see you on the other side John. 👍

woodyone.john

Guys ,thanks for the acknowledgements and affirmations.
The hero here is Jeff who has put together this platform that attracts and keeps us here on positive unity
He is up there with Tim bennerslee and Jimmy wales and world peace.
Cheers John

York Woodwright

John, you sound like a courageous man who is at peace. Having battled cancer, I have learned that courage and peace, along with family and faith, are the pillars of strength which make it possible to face the journey. Though I know you not, I have read your posts and appreciate your contributions. I wish you well and look forward to meeting you on the other side. Charles
I'm still learning how to use my WM LT40HD. This is an avocation, not a vocation -- not as pecunious as medicine, but a lot more fun!

WV Sawmiller

John,

This is an extremely hard post to reply to but I want you to know how much I enjoyed spending time with you. I love your Avatar, BTW! Thanks for letting us in on your news - I just wish it was different and wish you and your family and loved ones all the comfort this world and the next can provide.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

woodyone.john

Never made it to a crispin, pork roast, or southern sawing event ,at least one was sorta to in the bucket of lists.
Look forward to the far side,gallery style, as you all roll in.
 I made my peace with the world, I have lived in the golden years on the 3rd rock from the sun right conditions for life as we know it ,sadly at the end of the common sense era. I do have a feeling of a rat fleeing a sinking ship in this regard.
I have plenty of pain meds and am hoping to escape the hospital to hang out at home where I can gaze over the small forest we,my wife and I, have planted ,and just now coming milling maturity.( You know the story of planting trees under whose shade you may not sit)  I have been relaxed enough to sit and gaze, so I consider I have done well. If it can be done I hope to repose there too.
Cheers

barbender

John, sincerely thank you for letting us know...it sounds like you've got your chin up. I guess that's about as good as any of us can do, I guess I'll find out when it's my turn. I'm thankful that I've been able to know you in some small way through the Forum. I think you may be right about a rat fleeing a sinking ship. Godspeed my friend.
Too many irons in the fire

mike_belben

To die so gracefully is quite high on my list.  I hope i'm man enough when its looking me in the eye.  God bless you john.
Praise The Lord

Jeff

John, thank you for being one of us all these years. I'm not saying goodbye. Ever. There are to many things that we cant know until we know, but I do know this, No matter this side or the other, you are a friend.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Walnut Beast

I didn't know you John but you are in my prayers 

Thank You Sponsors!