iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Avoiding Blue Stain on SYP in Summer

Started by Andy White, September 06, 2013, 06:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy White

I think I have figured out how to do it now. Cut 2 fresh logs last Saturday, and stickered them as normal. Trying to avoid blue stain, I brought my old "hurricane" machine from home. I left it run on the stack all week, and when I unstacked the stack today, this is what I found!

This thing really blows!!!

Took a reading on the pine, and guess what!

Took another reading on some Maple I cut today.

With the pine at 8%, would it be safe to flat stack it now without it staining? Have been reading all the suggestions on this subject, and I think we got it figured out now.       Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

thecfarm

WOW!!! I guess it would blow!!! And than some!! You have it more than figured out.   :D That looks 4 feet across???
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Kingcha

I think anything under 15% can be flat stacked.  I would not worry at all at 8%.

matt
a Wood-mizer LT15 10hp Electric, 45hp Kioti tractor, electric smoker, wood-fired brick oven & yes a custom built Solar Kiln

red oaks lumber

dont take a reading on the end of the board. either on the side or the top. my opinion your maple is drying way to fast.i dont have the exact kiln schedule in front of me for maple ( northern maple) but i think its close to 28 -30 days for 1" lumber.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Thank You Sponsors!