iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 576xp??

Started by Maineloggerkid, March 15, 2009, 08:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maineloggerkid

Just wondering why the new saw hasn't had any advertisment yet??. I have yet to lay eyes on one. I need to get to the saw shop and see if they have one in yet. Last time they still hadn't got any. It isn't even on the Husky website.

Am I just missing something, or is this saw flying under the radar??
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

Rocky_J

I doubt they will release it while all the Husky dealers are sitting on tons of unsold 575s. I bought an extra 372 last fall so now I have four in that size to get me through until they come out with fuel injected chainsaws.

John Mc

Can someone fill me in on the differences between the 575 and 576... and while you are at it, how they differ from the 372?  The 575 & 576 are not even on Husky's web site (usa.husqvarna.com). I do have a 2008 catalog that lists the 575, but it doesn't tell you much (HP, cc, weight).

John Mc
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Maineloggerkid

The 575 was supposed to be the replacement for the 372, and it failed miserably. I had one for a while. It was as heavy as my 385, less power than my 372, and it vibrated horrible. Maybe the vibration thing was just mine, but after about 1/2 an hour, my throttle hand would fall asleep. I ended up trading it on another 372 after just 3 months. It was already having some clutch issues( smoking, things rattling that shouldn't be,etc.).

The 576 is going to be the replacement for the 575.  When are they gonna realize you can't replace the 372xp. Stupid EPA. :-\

John Mc

MLK -

That's interesting. Husky's specs (in the '08 catalog I have) claim that the 575 has lower vibration than the 372. I wonder if this was just a problem with yours, or if that's true of all the 575 saws. I've heard they're sometimes optimistic on other specs (weight, for example). I wonder if this is another case of that.

John Mc
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

567paloggger

i went to the husky dealer today im good friends with he has a new 576xp there he said he dont like them at all to heavy about a pound lighter than the 395xp he said the 372xp is a better saw

Maineloggerkid

Well, I finally got one in my hands today. It looks very much like the 575. At first I though it was one. It wasn't that bad of a saw to the feel. Still bulky and heavier than the 372. In about a month I am going to demo one for a couple days. Then I can see what is really going on with it.

zackman1801

Its an upgrade on the 575 design. fixed some of the problems that they had. Id probly still take a 372 over it, Its kinda like the 440vs441 deal. Its a newer design that is built in mind with the 2010 epa regs. the one thing it does have over the 372 is fuel savings, the newer saws get MUCH better fuel consumption.
"Improvise, Adapt, OVERCOME!"
Husky 365sp 20" bar

Maineloggerkid

Yea, I guess fuel savings is good, but I wood rather cut 20 extra trees in the run of a day than save half a gallon of gas.

zackman1801

well they are fast saws, i think that they have a few more CC's than the 372, but after 2010 you wont have to worry about the 372 anymore as its going to be discontinued like just about every other chainsaw. Its really unfortunate but with the new EPA regs coming out they are getting more stringent on when they let into the woods.
"Improvise, Adapt, OVERCOME!"
Husky 365sp 20" bar

Maineloggerkid

Ya, I'm gonna try and stock up on some of the current models like the 372xp and the Stihl 660. Maybe a smaller cc saw also.

Old_Hickory

I have  practically a new 372 id sell 
gotta love those XP saws

567paloggger

i am buying 2 brand new 372s and another 346 within the year

cheyenne

Any opinions on the 385XP & 394XP.....Have a shot at both used, 385 is pristene 394 is good.....Cheyenne
Home of the white buffalo

Dave Shepard

I have a 394xp, and it's my favorite saw, it runs like a tank, and I've always liked Huskys spring mounts. The 385 I ran seemed too heavy for the power, might as well run the 394. I'd like another 394, or better yet, a broken one to fix up. 8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

SawTroll

Quote from: zackman1801 on March 16, 2009, 04:42:01 PM
Its an upgrade on the 575 design. fixed some of the problems that they had. Id probly still take a 372 over it, Its kinda like the 440vs441 deal. Its a newer design that is built in mind with the 2010 epa regs. the one thing it does have over the 372 is fuel savings, the newer saws get MUCH better fuel consumption.

Yes, and it also has a higher power rating and a tad less weight.

There is an "Autotune" version right behind the corner, as well a the standard one.

I believe at least some of the bad reputation of the 575xp come from dealers and owners not discovering that carb tuning should be performed differently from common practise on other saws.

The 576xp is in the printed catologs both here and in the US, but not on the web-sites yet.

Information collector.

SawTroll

Quote from: Old_Hickory on March 16, 2009, 05:36:25 PM
I have  practically a new 372 id sell 

I thought you really liked that saw? ???      ::)
Information collector.

Cut4fun

There is a 576 at the dealer here now and they are suppose to get a demo 576 for the Racesaws GTG April 25th for us to try out between racing etc.

Maineloggerkid

I have a 385xp and I love it. I don't notice the weight at all and it has good power. Not the power of a 395, but still real nice. It seems to be real smooth.

Thank You Sponsors!