iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Solar kiln wanna be.

Started by welderskelter, April 03, 2019, 10:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

welderskelter

I have an 8ft. wide x 16ft tank. It used to be to haul or store hot oil in for asphalt. It isnt much good for anything so thought I might build a floor in it and stack lumber in it to dry. Any thoughts? Harold

welderskelter

I guess I should add painting it black and putting in a small fan to get rid of moisture. How hot should a kiln get? Harold

tacks Y

I knew a guy who had a walk in attic that he dried some wood in. He had vents on each end for some air.                                                                                                                                                                     I have 3 tanks made into sheds, with dirt on the top. I just sawed the door on one side and welded hinges the cut the other 3 sides. Dropped 3' planks across the bottom for a floor. If I was putting wood on the floor I would run a 4x4 down the center. I welded shelves in mine both sides.

Crusarius

This is an ironic thread since I recently started one very similar. I would love to see how it works for you. Especially since I want to do same thing.

welderskelter

Yes, Crusaris most of my questions were answered in your post. Looks like they really enjoyed themselves anyway. :D

Thank You Sponsors!