iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Who's in Michigan?

Started by Woodbender, February 28, 2007, 01:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodbender

I was looking through the "Member's Map" link and found some Michiganders but some who had not been active since '05.

Who's here? - (raise your hand up where I can see it.)

Any chance of getting together and maybe I could even help out at a framing/raising? I'm located in the G.R. area.

Not real knowledgeable yet in the ways of framing and raising but the best way I've found to avoid future mistakes is to watch (and help) someone do it who knows what the heck they're doing.
Tim Eastman (Woodbender)
Be an example worth following.

Paschale

I'm a Grand Rapidian, and so is Furby.  Johncinquo is near here too, and there are a boatload of other Michiganders floating around, including JeffB, up in Harrison, our host here.  If there is ever a raising, I'd love to be there too!
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Furby

Woodbender, put the piggy roast on your calendar.
It's at Jeff B's place the 4th of August.
No frame raising that I know of, but I'm sure Jeff would be game for one if ya wanted to. ;D

While we are talking, can I ask ya to go over to the general board and start or jump into a thread with some pics of your canoes?
Here's a couple threads ya might be interested in as well:
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=23437.0
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=18549.0

Paschale

Wow...so you're a canoe builder?  That would hold a lot of interest in here!   8)

Let me echo Furby, and urge you to post some pictures of your canoes.   8) 8) 8)

Jeff

Furby, I think I have the perfect place in mind to raise a frame. Know what and where I'm thinkin, dontcha!  ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Raphael

Interesting timing I was just looking at a mapquest map of Michigan, and trying to guesstimate a snow load.
Any of you know what the snow load is in the Detroit area?
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

Furby

Yup sure do Jeff, but then we gotta move the roast. :-\
How bout we make the frame and do a full raising at the roast at your place?
Before everyone leaves, we can pull it apart and a couple of us can reraise it at a later date at the proper location.
You're gonna have to get to work cutting timbers though, only 5 months til the roast!  :o

Dana

Raphael, the 2000 Michigan residential building code has the ground snow load listed at 20. Why do you ask?
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

Raphael

Mental exercise mostly... I was looking at a small barn in the area cut from rescued Ash, 3x5 purlins on 6x8 principle rafters.
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

Todd

I'm 1 mile south of the Michigan line on 23...close enough?
Making somthing idiot-proof only leads to the creation of bigger idiots!

Paschale

Well, you used to be officially a part of Michigan, before that silly Toledo War back in the day, so we still claim ya!   :D

Todd

My folks are still in Ottawa lake, I'm just in Sylvania for the girls to go to a better school....Still maize+blue (and so's my mill!)

Paschale

I think that mill'd look better in Green and White.   ;)

Todd

I suppose it IS an agricultural machine..... ;D

Paschale

And a sophisticated, well-engineered, incredibly complex, revolutionary piece of agricultural equipment, that could only come from the brightest minds on the planet.   :D

Thank You Sponsors!