iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Its a shop\garage\*  The pictures I have it finished

Started by isawlogs, August 25, 2004, 11:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

White Pine
Part of my shop in another stage of life , we had to cut it down because of hydro had widen there encrochement because of power line after the ice storm ,

My dad with a friend , his getting ready to cut her down , I had backed up the skidder to get the cable around it to pull it so that it would not fall back onto the fence , yes the friend did get outa dere ... he was there only to be in the picture  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

isawlogs,

Congrats on the honorable mention for the gazebo. It looks real nice. But, I gotta ask ya: Do ya ever sit in it? ;) I ask that because I never see anyone using their gazebo.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Norm

Sure glad you figured out how to post pictures Marcel. Keep up the good work I'm really enjoying em. :)

J_T

Marcel when you stack that firewood if you put cement between them sticks it will really keep the air out. ??? Have though about building a stack wood house but I burn it before I can get it stacked. :D :D
Jim Holloway

OneWithWood

Marcel,
I really like that Gazebo.  Do you have plans for that?  I built a gazebo by the pond for my bride and I to get married in.  It wasn't near as nice yours.  A big wind came up and blew it away a few years back.  All that is left is the platform.  Every year I tell the Missus I'm going to rebuild it - just as soon as I get my barn done. . .
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

isawlogs

I dont have plans for it but if you want its not hard to make a set ... got something to mesure from .... ;)
 This I can tell you ... Its 14' across the points , 12' across faces and is 6 sides , 7' is a magic number on this one
 7' high... 7' across the faces , 7' to center ( I made 6 triangles to the center out of 2x6 for the floor )  the frame is ruff cut 6x6 pine ( i like working with pine ) the rafters are 3x5 , the center post is 8x8 cut 6 sides and then was cut to a point with the chainsaw ... its four feet long if memory is still intacted ...

I'll draw it out for you it will be easier and faster then my 1.5 finger typing

Swomp.
 that gazebo gets a lot of sitting done in it ... It has a hide a bed in it and a hammock seat and a table I made outa cedar that is the same angle as the walls to be able to tuck it in ....
 J_T   Thats the plan ....but need for the inspector to come around first  ;)
 Norm ... there a lot more to come only have to find them and scan them ..... but I gots lots ....
 WWW  I'll tell you when those plans are ready do you have a size in mind ..... ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

isawlogs

I know this should of come in here earlier  but I just dug these out
Making the pad to sit the shop on ... Put down some pit run and had a bobcat come in with a hydraulic vibrating roller pack it down

Had to put someting up to stop the pit run .. so I built a retaining wall. I used  white cedar that I cut on my mill . I cut it to 4" thick and kept one side round , then placed them over one another and scribed them so they would not overlap on the outside ... A T bar 8' long was hammered in the ground and the wall secured to it with 6" screws and then each one spiked to the other with 8" calvinezed nails

Just could not make square corners ... had to have a 45 on there ....

I also left a two foot space in between the two retaining walls to put in some flowrs ... the wall would of looked to high .. the flowers should break up the wall , we also stained the cedar the same color as the shop ... did not find that picture yet ... but I will ....

Marcel

isawlogs

Well today I put up the last board on this shop / garage of mine ... here are a few pics  of the final verson ...

This is the view from the road , east side of building

Marcel

Jeff

Very Nice!  I hope Tammy dont see that ding danG gazebo
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

isawlogs

This is the north side  , the dormer is for my daughters studio .

I put up live edge boards on board for the gable ends and the dormer , the boards below are pine and are 12" wide with 2 1/2 "  battens .  The only thing left to do is put one more coat of paint on the trim.  I am really happy to have this done , now I can at least check one thing off of the TO DO list ...  ;D :)

Marcel

isawlogs

Thanks Jeff. 
I can send you the plans for it ... Would you like them in french or english ...  ;D ;)

Marcel

Furby

WOW! :o
8) 8) 8)

Very nice job!
I really like that live edge B&B as well.

UNCLEBUCK

UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

sprucebunny

That's GREAT, Marcel  8)

I like the live edge b+b , also. ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Fla._Deadheader

I waited until ya wuz dun.  ;D ;D  Very nice job, Marcel.  8) 8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

crtreedude

Very nice!

We are thinking of a little Gazebo too - but it will be made with teak posts and palm leaves - got to keep it authentic.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Norm

Very nice Marcel! Course you're making it hard on the rest of us....trying to keep us with the neighbors and all. :)

Teri

Marcel...You've done a right fine job there! Looks great!  ;D  8)

submarinesailor

GOOD JOB!!!  But, I better not show these pictures to the boss.  She wants one so bad.  AND she wants it to hang out over the river.  ::) ::) ::)

sawguy21

VERY NICE. I'm sure you are going to enjoy it especially during the Quebec winter.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

isawlogs

Thanks a lot , it was fun to build . I had to do something about the height of the building , board and batten to the top would not have done it any good . I decided to put the live  edge boards to try to make it look less inposing . I put a break in at ten feet , put the live edge above that .
  Norm with your new office /shop / storage you also have a very nice building and place to hang out in .
Harrold ...  I even managed to put a peice of chevee pick -up in there ....  I just could not put out the money for the cheminy cap ... I put on a 3/4 ton cheve  hubcap up there ...  I was going to use my Dodge but thought it would of been to purdy  ;D
  I used my log Wizard to do all of the edges on the live edge boards ... that saved a lot of time .
crtreedude ....  the palm trees here would of been hard to find ... I stuck it out for shingles  :)
smsailor ...  It only took three weeks to build the gazebo .... I hope you get her done I would really like to see it , overhanging  out over a river that would be real cool .   

Marcel

OneWithWood

Well done, Marcel  8)

I like your design for both the garage/shop/studio and the gazebo. 
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Patty

Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Ernie

Felicitations Marcel, C'est une belle maison.

Was my francais OK?
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Tom_Averwater

Nice job Marcel . I'll have to remind myself not to tell my wife about your gazebo cause thats one of the things on my honey do list.  8) Tom :)
He who dies with the most toys wins .

Thank You Sponsors!