iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I think I'm cursed in the fall!

Started by Maine logger88, November 01, 2014, 07:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maine logger88

Last fall was one problem after the next costing me a fortune lol. Had great luck all winter spring and summer. This fall started out good till the transfer case on my timberjack broke just got that home for repairs then a couple days later broke the center out of the clutch on my 540. So with really needing too finish this job and no time too spare I rented this.

79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

chester_tree _farmah

That sucks. Bad luck. What do u think of the Clark?
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Maine logger88

It's not a bad machine very simple too run if it was mine I'd put breaks on it and another set of chains. But I still prefer Jacks and Deeres

chester_tree _farmah

Yeah. Still quite few of them around these parts.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Maine logger88

Yeah there's still a bunch around here too there tough I guess. The winch on it is awesome! As long as I don't try too load it as heavy as my 540 it does a good job

BargeMonkey

Thats not a bad looking machine. 2 laid up skidders makes it feel even worse.  8)

Maine logger88

Yeah it's not bad pulls wood at least. Yup 2 skidder = twice as much $$$ spent lol.

BargeMonkey

Payments and repairs together = suck. I think once the wife sells enough coffee and gas out of the store im going out to Kleis and buying one of those pretty 540's. You want the other one ? 138k for a used 540... thats more than my house cost me.  :o

Maine logger88

Ya I'll want the other one! You want the 11 or the 13? I wish I could afford one maybe someday...

timberlinetree

That stinks! Hope the repairs go smoothly and don't cost to much.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Maine logger88

Thanks the 225 shouldn't be bad it's the 540 I'm worried about

chester_tree _farmah

U getting any snow down there ML88? Snow'in and blow'in pretty good up here this morning.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Maine logger88

Yeah we have a couple inches so far. Do you still have power we lost ours for about 45min. Gonna hold up trucking into my job a few days it's about a half mile up through a field then up a hill into the woods. O well all part of the job.

chester_tree _farmah

Yeah still snowing and blowing.  Just lost power ten minutes ago. Was hoping we would make it through but nope. The Bangor hydro phone lines are all tied up. Bummer about the job. It will be gone fast I think so hopefully it won't hold u up too much.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

chester_tree _farmah

254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

clww

WOW! That looks like an early Winter indication to me.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

chester_tree _farmah

Yeah been mild one so far. May be without power for a bit. Heavy wet stuff.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Maine logger88

Yeh we must've got 12" so far. I hope it doesn't stick around long. The power is out here too got the generator going tho

coxy

WOW you better keep that white crap right there  :snowball: ;D

BargeMonkey

Quote from: coxy on November 03, 2014, 06:40:05 AM
WOW you better keep that white crap right there  :snowball: ;D
Exactly. Ive got water bars and trails to grade tomorrow, dont need that stuff. We got about 4" of it, hopefully it blows away. Should be exciting all bundled up on the log picker this morning.  :D

chester_tree _farmah

Lol. U sure u don't want a little? Plenty here now. Still on generator. Two trees hanging on my lines. :-p
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Maine logger88

Yup I'll give you all the snow you want free of charge I'll even load it for you lol. Power came back on here finally I'm happy about that

deastman

We got over a foot of snow here and lost power yesterday afternoon,  got the generator going today, may need it for a while, say we may not get power back here until Friday.
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

lopet

Just heard on the radio today that kids had their first snow day In NB. Glad we didn't get it this time, my generator is at shop right now.  Hope you guys get the power restored soon.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Maine logger88

Well this confirms what I always have said about 4 chains my 540 chained up would go right up this little hill without even spinning a tire. This Clark on the other hand spins the whole way up today I couldn't even make it up I had too unhook take a different route too the top then run the cable back down too rehook whata pain!

Maine logger88

BargeMonkey

Yeah 4 chains is the only way to go, and that didnt look like that nasty of a hill. When are the other 2 going to be fixed and freshly painted ? Ive never used a wire choker in my life, are they that much nicer ?

Maine logger88

Yup for Shure! No it's not that bad at all if I was gonna rent this for longer I would take a set off the 540 and put them on but it's not worth it for how long I'm gonna use it. The 225 I should be able too get back together shortly if I get a little time too work on it the 540 will be awhile paint will have too wait awhile lol. Um wire chokers are ok faster for sure but I like chains too that's why I run 6 wire and 4 chain chokers on the 540 and 6 wire 2 chain on the 225

Thank You Sponsors!