iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Score

Started by PAmizerman, April 14, 2018, 08:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen1

Good score on the equipment and stickers. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

mudfarmer

That's a real nice score indeed :thumbsup:  Another good use for those heavy duty racks would be next to an edger, with space between the two racks for equipment forks. Edger tail man puts the edgings in the rack, when full they get banded and the whole bundle can be lifted out with the machine.

PAmizerman

Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

mudfarmer

Ok your edger tail robot automoton ffcheesy

Magicman

I wonder how he handles/removes the edgings?  Rubber boots!
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mudfarmer

If you look closely the black bottom legs on the edger outfeed table may be telescoping. So my guess is it has a grapple that picks up the bundle of edgings and the machine just walks them to where they need to go while he has lunch??? ffsmiley

Andries

Quote from: mudfarmer on April 23, 2024, 10:21:51 AM. . . my guess is it has a grapple that picks up the bundle of edgings and the machine just walks them to where they need to go while he has lunch??? ffsmiley
I think that would be called the Jetson's "Elon Musk" approach.  ffcheesy 

On those YouTube videos, I'm seeing the edgings falling onto an oversized pallet with sides attached that clears the bottom of the edger out-feed. I'm guessing that our @PAmizerman uses a forklift to slide the edgings pallet from undertone edger and over to a banding machine. 
Up here in the far 'up-yonder', @Percy seems to have similar conveyors and kickers working for him.
Ten thousand steps in a day? Maybe.
One man operations bring out the best innovations.   :thumbsup:
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

PAmizerman

Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

Andries

Great way to deal with all the trimmings after the edger is finished its work.
Not sure if it's your original design, but it looks like it works really well. 
Well done!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Magicman

Quote from: Magicman on April 23, 2024, 09:24:36 AMI wonder how he handles/removes the edgings?
That answers my edging removal question.  :thumbsup:
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!