iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Experience with LX250 or other super-wides

Started by Ews, Today at 11:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ews

Interested in folks who have experience with the LX250.  Really the only bad thing I've heard about it is that the blade wheel size leaves you with a tradeoff - when you're really using the width capacity you can use a 0.055 for the smoothest cut and expect blades to break prematurely, or use a thinner blade and accept some wavy cuts.  And you're limited to narrower blades based on the housing/roller design and lower HP motor.

A lot - though not all - of the other superwides have similar wheel diameters, so I would imagine have similar issues, and would be curious about actual experiences there, as well.

Thanks.

barbender

Any mill running a .50 or .55 blade around 19" wheels is going to have short blade life. But if you are able to sell those wide slabs your getting, the blade cost should be negligible. I'd rather go through more blades than fix wavy cuts.

For what it's worth, I've found that running .055" blades rob more power, and gives flatter cuts, than going from 1.25" to 1.5" wide blades of the same thickness. 1.5x55 gives you the benefit of both, if you can run them.
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!