iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing Project 2024

Started by customsawyer, December 06, 2023, 06:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

Well I figured it is time to let y'all in on the dates and the plan. The main dates for this project is April 19th and 20th. For those that want to come in a day or two early that is fine and dandy. I'll be running a sawmill business all week, so if someone wants to come for the whole week and get put to work that's okay too. There is no telling what orders will be getting done and sent out.
My main plan is the same as the original plan of 2023. Of course once that big log showed up then all those plans went out the window. We will demo sawing some pine and cypress on Friday and a quarter sawing demo on Saturday (in memory of Danny). When we can fit it in, we will mix in running the planers some, the Slabmizer, and the Lucas if some folks want. If there is enough interest in a specific subject then we will try to get someone with experience to teach it. 
We will need to keep a head count as we go and what days folks are coming so as to have enough food for those days. If it looks like we are going to run low then someone can jump in a truck and run to the store and get it. Caveman has generously offered to bring lunch for folks on Thursday. We normally have salad and spaghetti that evening. Do a pizza run for lunch on Friday with hamburgers and hotdogs that evening. Saturday will have the famous Julio chicken with fixings for lunch and leftovers that evening. 
There are lots of motels at the intersection of Interstate 16 and Hwy 441/319. It is exit 51 on the interstate and right at 6 miles from my place. There is some campgrounds not to far from me, with a new one going in now on the 441 bypass in Dublin, GA. Don't know if it will be finished by then. I don't mind if a few campers just park here as long as we can put them somewhere out of the way of operations. Just like in years past let's please keep this off of Facebook and other social media until the event. Thanks.
When you commit to come please add what number you are and if you are bringing something to pitch in. I make #1.
Address is:
Custom Sawmilling
1607 Capps Browning Rd.
Rentz, GA. 31075
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

GAB

Jake:
Concerning your statement: "Of course once that big log showed up then all those plans went out the window".
I think they were merely side tracked.  I enjoyed the big log episode.  It's not everyday that you get to see how others tackle a challenge.  You did very well.
Mike & I are planning on attending so I guess we will be #4 & #5.
Thanks for the opportunity.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Jim_Rogers

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

TroyC

doc henderson

Georgia and I will be 8 and 9.  of course it can always fall apart given my work, but come hell or high water, we will try. :snowball:
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

scsmith42

Jake, I'm planning to attend and hopefully can arrive a few days early.  Sign me up for #10.

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Andries

Teea and I will plan on being there. # 11 and 12.
Thanking you in advance for another "Project" Jake.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Stephen1

I woke up at 4 this morning, thinking as always, my most important thoughts....we should be hearing about the Sawing project soon...
Here it is.
Cathy and I are in #13+14
Thanks Jake!
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

caveman

JMoore and I will plan to be there, #15 and #16.
Caveman

Magicman

The dates are on our calendar but no commitment yet.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

customsawyer

This one is going to be easy with only 16 folks.  :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Cedarman

Quote from: customsawyer on December 10, 2023, 09:51:28 PM
This one is going to be easy with only 16 folks.  :D

Make it 18, Dick and Jane.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Resonator

Call me very likely (but not 100% certain) #19. I want to get through the next few winter months before I make any reservations.
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Jeff

Its pretty early for me to commit to anything much past eatin for a couple three months yet.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

jrsloan1

Like several others, I have it on my calendar but just a bit early to make reservations.  However, if there is any way possible, I'll be there.  I especially want to meet and talk to lots of y'all.
Never trust nobody cause you can't fix stupid!!!

trimguy

Joy and Arnie, #'s 20 and 21.

Mossy Chariot

So looking forward to it, Jake.  Thank you sir!!!!

Tony B
LT35HD, Riehl Edger, Woodmaster 725 Planer/Molder, Nyle 53 Drying Kiln, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, T750 Bobcat, E50 Excavator, Kubota 3450, Wallenstein Skidding Winch, Vermeer BC1250 Chipper, Stihl 250 & 460, Can-Am Defender

scsmith42

I do believe that this is the first time that I've been labeled a "10" in my life!  LOL
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Bruno of NH

Is there going to be a circle saw demo this year ?
If so count me in  lol
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

GAB

Quote from: scsmith42 on December 13, 2023, 10:18:02 PM
I do believe that this is the first time that I've been labeled a "10" in my life!  LOL

Congratulations!
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

customsawyer

If someone brings one they can demo it.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Jeff

If someone brings a circle mill, and I find my way down there this year,I wanna run it!! ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Hamajama

I'll be sure to be there. #23

Thank You Sponsors!