iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Swing mill in Southern Maryland

Started by Dan_Shade, April 20, 2024, 09:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_Shade

In Southern Maryland:

I have a client who would like logs sawn, but I can't get my mill to his logs due to the ~15% driveway grade (the back of the mill hits way before the tires go up the incline).  No option to pull in, but that would drag too.

Does anyone have a swing mill or other small mill that could be backed up a steep grade?  If so, please PM me.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

beenthere

Can't drag the logs down? 

Have a pic to post showing the problem, as it sounds insurmountable. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Hilltop366

Just need a wheel(s) at the back of the mill. :wacky:

dgdrls

Would it be possible to cross the grade back and forth with a team of people
pushing/pulling the mill up the grade?

D

longtime lurker

Couple stiff planks and split the angle maybe? 
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Dan_Shade

Thanks for the suggestions.  the logs are in a residential area, paved driveway, not much room.  driveway is too steep to get the mill backed up due to ground clearance issues.  A Peterson could get in there (getting the saw frame thing up the driveway would be a job).

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

jaciausa

At the site, possibly back it partially on to a tilt dovetail car trailer with another vehicle pulling it up grade!

Thank You Sponsors!