iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

On a Sad Note

Started by Magicman, July 09, 2023, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

On July 4th a good friend of mine went out to raise his US Flag.  Thunder was heard and he was found unresponsive.  CPR provided a "heart beat & breathing" and he was put on a respirator, etc. when the ambulance arrived.  He has had no brain activity since then and was removed from the respirator this afternoon.

Rest in Peace Randy.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doc henderson

sorry to hear that MM.  we never think it will happen to us.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

thecfarm

That is sad to hear.
You just never know what will happen and why.   :(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Southside

My sincere condolences. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

barbender

My condolences, Magic😢
Too many irons in the fire

Walnut Beast

Definitely sad to hear. About 8 miles from here on the Fourth of July four guys ran a stop sign in a car and a guy hit them in a pickup and all four in the car died. 

Ianab

That really sucks, Thunderstorms aren't to be messed with. Umbrellas, golf clubs, fishing rods, and it would seem flag poles should all be avoided in that sort of weather. Just there might not be much warning...  :-\

BTW, inside a car is one of the safest places to be in a thunderstorm. Metal Faraday cage and all that. The car's electronics might not survive, but you probably will. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Chuck White

Sad news for sure Lynn, my condolences.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

RichTired

Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

Jim_Rogers

Sorry for your loss.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

doctorb

So sorry to hear.  While he was supported medically for awhile, it sounded merciful and quick.  Hard to know, but may not be a bad way to crossover.  Can't plan for stuff like that.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

beenthere

Agree as doctorb says.. had a friend pass last week after being bed-ridden and dying for the past two years. Visits with him were sad, as he was just a vegetable and could only stare. Very difficult to stop by to say hello. 

Still sad for Lynn's friend going so quickly, and honoring our flag at the time. He gave.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

doctorb

The dwindles are the worst.....
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

petefrom bearswamp

Sorry to hear about your friend Lynn, sounds pretty mercifully quick for him tho.
Anecdotally, I had foot surgery in February 2020 immediately before covid hit.
Was told that I didnt want to wake up from what I think was a botched anesthesia.
Thought to my self when told this that it wouldnt have been a bad way to go, just go  to sleep and not wake up.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Ron Scott

A sad happening. Prayers sent!
~Ron

Bruno of NH

Sorry for your loss Mr Lynn
Prayers sent 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

firefighter ontheside

I'm sorry for your loss Lynn.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

JD Guy

Condolences here also...

SwampDonkey

Sad story MM, sorry for the loss of your friend.

It's hard for me to hear lightning with a clearing saw screaming, but I can see signs. I head for the truck when I see signs of one coming. Most of ours occur well after work hours, thankfully.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!