iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thursday Throw backs,

Started by drobertson, February 19, 2015, 01:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

I pulled out the old free agent memory from several years ago, and found these pictures of the first day with the mill set up Jan, 2005.
The very first logs on the mill,  hard to believe how much water has went under the bridge since then, 

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

That is also the first thing that crossed my mind.  Shiny Paint.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WmFritz

Still have that like new Chevy Pick-Up, David?
I had a '70 C-20 once upon a time.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Ga Mtn Man

Looks just like the scale model that WM sells.  Purdy :).
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

drobertson

That chevy was my buddies, he still has it, yea that orange bout glows in the dark when new, man wish I knew about the forum back then, could've saved me lots of head scratchin' :D
founds this print in a box, my first portable job, what a great guy to work for, gave me a shot, and has been back many times since. He has a nice place on the Upper Jacks Fork South Prong,

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Percy

Nice. Do you still have the same mill?? My LT70 is a 2003 42 hp kubota. 8500 hours. How bout yours?? I'm thinkin of replacing mine but I'm getting long in the tooth like our mills. Haven't decided yet. Wish I had taken more pics back then. Maybe I did. Heh.
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

drobertson

Yea same mill, hair over 3000 hrs, I was part time for the first three years, then knee issues, then back issues, then, then, then, all kinds of issues, machine shop work, fab work, ect...  I'll just say things are as good as they have been with the functions.  I am getting a lil more smoke when I kick it in full throttle, just a puff, then all clear, but more than it had knew.  Percy I like your one man show, that feed line looks pretty sweet, if you run solo that is, judging from your video.  I really don't have that good of a set up in my shop, I mean it works for me, but not stream line as a one man show.  I park the lift under roof so most of my stacking is a short term item most of the time, plus, I'm a little cluttered, I keep putting off the good organizing, seems like time I'm done with the debris, there's more to clean up.  I will say my hours are low due to the fact I do shut down at times rather than leave idling. Probably not always a good thing but it works for me.  Truth be known, I just get tired sometimes, back pain/leg pain, takes it out of me.  A good off-bearer is luxury, and things really get to hopping when I have one.  For real production it really is the only way to go, imo.  But for custom work, I can handle most jobs solo, kinda like it that way. 

Sixacresand

Good posts and photos, DRobinson.  I feel your pains.   :D 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

JB Griffin

Quote from: fishpharmer on February 19, 2015, 01:11:11 PM
Nice shiny paint. :)

Shiny paint is overrated. Mills are always better covered in sawdust. ;)
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

downsouth

Yes it looks shiney!
  That's pretty cool,the pic with your first dollar.
Keep up the good work.

Thank You Sponsors!