iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Checking hydro/trans 540B

Started by Skiddersally, February 17, 2015, 06:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skiddersally

Ok what is the correct way to check my hydro/trans on my 540B? I don't have a manual for it. I will check it one day it's way over full the next morning I need to add some. I'm on level ground blade down and everything is cold I check it first thing in the morning. Every time I check it it's never the same. Should I start it and let it warm up first ? The sticker inside the engine panel is missing also.  Any help would be great thanks.

treeslayer2003

i always make a pull, then shut it down a few minutes........i do this with all my stuff.

cutter88

I check mine in the morning when it's cold and sitting level I find if u check it after it's been running it's all over the map
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

treeslayer2003

if i remember the camera, i'll snap a pic of the deere sticker on the hood panel explaining how they say to do it.

Maine logger88

Quote from: cutter88 on February 17, 2015, 10:30:54 AM
I check mine in the morning when it's cold and sitting level I find if u check it after it's been running it's all over the map
X2
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

thenorthman

Working with a 440A so it maybe a little different...

Anyway, unscrew dip stick wipe er off, and SET it back in the hole, check it then, without being tightened.

Usually check mine when cold, not that it seems to make much difference.

Also extend the blade to rest on the ground, and more or less center the steering, if you have any other hydraulic stuff, besides the winch, extend it fully, or rest it on the ground.

If  you absolutely must check it when you've been running it for a bit, let her idle for a few minutes before checking the fluid, sorta lets everything settle back down to a low rumble... or just shut it down and wait a couple minutes.
well that didn't work

thenorthman

Another side note... the locking axles will take up a varying amount of fluid throughout the day. The power shift(name?) has em front and rear while the psycho rage has only a front locker...

Anyway enjoy...
well that didn't work

treeslayer2003

sorry, forgot camera. did read it....lower blade, open grapple and lower to ground. shut off machine and wait 10 minutes to check level.
so it dosen't say to run it first, but.......
i checked it cold and it needed a little. ran it for a few minutes and the let it set 10 minutes.....it needed about twice what it did cold, about 3 quarts total.

Thank You Sponsors!