iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tried Diesel

Started by trapper, December 06, 2013, 07:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trapper

With the colder weather I have used my saw just a little.  Just a board here and there.  Worked good to make tapered boards for my deer blind.
Not enough to fill and drain water tank or use antifreeze.  My blade was getting dirty and I got to thinking.  Everyone seems to use felt wipers with diesel.  Filled the car with gas and bought a quart of  diesel.  Went to wal mart looking for felt.  not finding anything that looked like I could use .I passed the paint dept on my way to sporting goods.  Saw a 1in by 1 1/2 in paint pad with a plastic handle. Worked better than  expected.  Blade wont rust between uses either.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

drobertson

Good idea,  simple and effective,              david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Chuck White

Well, at least you had a good reason (cold) to try the diesel, now you know!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

bandmiller2

Good show Trapper you could try to add a little oil to the diesel.Myself I use pretty much straight ATF on a wick,no diesel smell.I use ATF in the mill hydraulic system and save what I drain. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

kelLOGg

McMaster-Carr sells felt in rolls.
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

trapper

bandmiller2 thanks I use atf for lubing most everything else on the mill
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

woodmills1

get a good squirt bottle and just spay it on, mix 50/50 with bar oil, it is all I have used since 96 or so
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!