iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Total Super Bar ID

Started by DHansen, February 04, 2023, 08:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DHansen

I have been attempting to determine the tail bar mount style on this NOS bar.  Bought four NOS bars today Three Husqvarna and one Total Super Bar.  I have the three Husqvarna bars figured out.  One large mount and two small mount.  So this Total Super bar is 24" lenght,  3/8" pitch, .058" gauge.  Made by TSUMURA PT#48PV84  or 269PV4  it also has an 80E stamped on the bar.  I bought this Total Super bar thinking it would fit my 066 Stihl.  The tail mount bar slot is 14mm and the oil hole lines up.  The length of the slot is longer than my Stihl bars for this same saw.  I am thinking it is a Dolmar D033 bar mount.  The bar mount slot length is 91.40 mm   Any information, good or bad, on this Total Super Bar is appreciated. 

Thanks Dave

DHansen

Walnut Beast

Sounds like a nice score on your new treasures 👍👍

DHansen

Under $10.00 US for the Total Super Bar.  $20.00 each for the Husqvarna 18" laminated bars and $40.00 for the solid RSN 24" not sure of the difference from X-Tough and X-Force.  

lxskllr

I used to have a pic I downloaded from somewhere that had a huge amount of bar patterns listed, but I can't seem to find it. "48PV84" appears to be the tip part#. Sounds like the bar will still work for your Stihl. Extra slot shouldn't hurt anything.

DHansen

Thank you for the additional information.  I agree with the 48PV84 Tip part number.  I see same company with tip number on tip only packaging.  Also tips with the letters being different.  I think this is a D mount style the Oregon cataloged, in 24" .058 3/8 and 80 drive links.  I am assuming and have no data to back it up, but I think the 80E stamped on the bar is the DL count.  So D24 58 3/8 80E 

DHansen

A follow up on this Total Super Bar.  The mount appears to be what Stihl called 3001 and fit the Stihl 084, 070 and 090.  It is very close to the 3002 used on the Stihl 088. Today Stihl calls the 3002 the large mount, 3003 the medium mount and 3005 the small mount.  There also seems to have been an S hook adapter that at one time was available and used to put a 3002 bar mount bar on a 3003 bar mount saw.  The tail end of the 3001 is taller than the 3002,  Oil hole lines up, but a new hole for the adjuster needs to be drilled.  I guess I need an 090AV just for the fun of it.

Thank You Sponsors!