iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

rear mount prentice 110

Started by johngrlc, January 01, 2011, 05:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johngrlc

hi,im trying to set up a rear mount prentice 110 loader on a small tandem truck i just picked up. which is the best way to mount the loader,with the swing barrels facing the cab or facing the back of the truck? thanks for any info.

snowstorm

i had one but traded it in 83 there are some of them still around. why mount it on the back?? i wouldnt. if ya do you want to be able to swing all the way across the body. you dont want it stoping in the center.

Maine372

i think the 110s had like 550ish degrees rotation. my dads, front mounted, could go from the over the left front fender, turning right all the way around and to the right front fender.

if you are setting this up as a landing crane and want to work off the back, i would put the rotation cylinders towards the cab. if you are going to haul wood with it so you are mostly working over the truck body i would put the rotation cylinders towards the back of the truck.

treefarmer87

my swing cylinders were facing the front of my trailer. it was mounted on the very back of the trailer. they are good loaders :)
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Stephen Alford

The loader on the trailer and truck both have the barrels facing the cab. They are made by nokka and not prentice. The space behind the truck gets used alot. Generally speaking the landing is only as wide as  the truck and skidder. Whatever gets cut goes home with me and is delivered after supper.

There are exceptions to that.   :)

logon

johngrlc

thanks for the advice,im downsizing from a 4 axle truck with a barko 80 set up for 80,000 lbs to a smaller rig . i just feed my own mill and end up picking up a lot of logs where my skidder is not available. i will have a lot longer reach with the loader on the back.

Thank You Sponsors!