iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Oil Hose Kit Stihl 036

Started by hawkins111, August 20, 2014, 08:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkins111

Is there a trick to putting the oil hose kit on a 036? It's the hose that goes from the pump to the bar.

Thank you,

Tom

limbwood

I have the best luck cutting a angle on the hose and putting it in from the bar hole first, pull it out aways recut it then fight gitting it on pump, if you warm it a little it helps, but it goes from cold to melted quick so leave it long then pull it back to bar and trim to lenght. good luck

sshier

I'm not positive but I seam to remember feeding the hoes from the bar side through the hole till it seats but I just used small fuel hoes may not be correct but it oils good. Have fun

ZeroJunk

Keep the piece full length and push/pull through from the bar side. Silicone helps. Heat the end and install on the pump. Pull it through maybe an eighth of an inch farther than it needs to be and cut it off. Then install the pump pulling the line back in to the proper position. Don't forget the spring and where it needs to be to keep the hose from crimping. Mysteriously Stihl didn't give you enough so that you can make two if you mess up.

hawkins111

Yah,

Heat is either just enough or too much. Bunched the first one and now have one on order. I'll keep you guys posted.

Thanks,

Tom

joe_indi

Tom,
You need to push down  the end of the hose (without the metal bit) through the oil exit hole right at the top. It should come out through a path near the oil pump. The metal fitted end of the hose has to be tapped gently into its seat at the exit hole.
The free end can be heated lightly to slip onto the oil pump. If there is a protection spring fit that on the tube before you fit the end to the pump.

This is the instruction from the 036 workshop manual "Cut new oil delivery hose to a
length of 74 mm and coat the
ends with oil. Use modified flat nose pliers (a = 5,5 mm) to fit the oil delivery hose on the oil pump nipple. Push the oil delivery hose 138RA171 VA through the bore in the bar mounting flange (from the inside outwards) and allow it to project about 10 - 20 mm. If the hose
cannot be pushed through on older machines, drill out the bore to a diameter of 6.2 mm and
deburr carefully. Hold the projecting end with the modified flat nosed pliers. Now push home the sleeve with the modified carburetor screwdriver (R = 1.5 mm). Place oil pump in installed
position. Use modified carburetor screwdriver to push hose into bar mounting flange so that it is recessed about 1-2 mm. Insert oil pump mounting screws and tighten them down firmly"

Hope all that helps

Joe

hawkins111

I got the second kit today. With the education I got on the first one I put my heat gun down and picked up my hair dryer (shop unit). I left the hose full length and pushed it through the front far enough to be able to fit the end on the pump that was removed from it's place. The hair dryer has enough heat to work with without being too hot. You have to get the hose all the way on the pump. Heat the line so that it will push back through the front and form to the curved slot on the case. Now you can cut the hose and heat it to install the brass end. Installing the brass end and pushing the hose back while heating a little will push everything back and keep the end on the pump fully. I did not forget the spring that keeps the hose from collapsing. It goes in before you mess with the brass fitting. I will say, If I had the tool mentioned in the Stihl manual this whole thing would have been much easier. Thanks for all the help. Tom

deerslayer

I have a disassembled 036 and an oil hose kit in my shop waiting for this treatment. Good info. I've never done one.
Too many chainsaws, not enough wood.
Stihl, Husky, Craftsman, Mac, Homelite, Poulan. Some live here, some just passing through.

AdkStihl

boil it in a pan of water.
end of story
J.Miller Photography

Thank You Sponsors!