iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pics-L200/40' shipping reefer

Started by bushhog920, March 02, 2021, 01:50:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushhog920

I know you guys love pics so here they are. Just ran my first load everything works great.

K-Guy

Looks god but I would have had the fan truss centered in the container for better airflow.  ;D
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

bushhog920

Thanks for the input my idea was to offset 1' to the wet side so the baffle would be more centered on the lumber stack. Thought it is interesting the nyle fans don't blow a forward cone of air it's more like a ring at a 45°. Figured because of that it would be ok to be closer to a wall.

farmfromkansas

how did your repair on your roof turn out?
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

bushhog920

The hardest part of the roof and side repair was figuring out how to do it. 
* Cut out all damaged foam and metal
* Used galvanized 2x4 like studs in a wall but laid them flat. On the ends I cut off 3 sides 2" back so I had a tab that I riveted to the container from the outside.
* Riveted down 4' wide sheet of 26ga galvanized to the outside with lots of silicone around the edges.
* 1" pink foam between the studs.
* 2" pink foam on the inside with 3" screws and fender washers to hold in place. 
* Left 1/2" gap on the 2" foam and filled in with spray foam.

farmfromkansas

Looks like you got it handled.  Did your container have a stainless liner?
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

bushhog920

Yes. I passed on the ones with fiberglass interior didn't think they would handle the heat.

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!