iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woohoo!! Placed order today!!

Started by DocGP, August 18, 2020, 06:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocGP

Excited,  kid in a candy store!!  LT 35HD diesel all decked out.  Wish i could have done it last month with the discount,  but negotiations with the  wife lasted longer than expected!! 😂😂😂  You have all been such a great help,  and I'll continue to haunt the boards and read all i can. 

Our little mom and pop woodmizer distributor is getting slammed.   They got about 8 units in last week and all were spoken for,  and they have 35 in the works (now 36👍👍👍).  Looking like 9-10 week wait.   So back to watching videos and reading posts!!

Doc
Ole Country Vet
LT 50 HDD
MX 5100 for the grunt work
Stihl MS 261 C-M

A-z farmer

Congratulations Docgp 
You will be making sawdust in a few months

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

trimguy

Congradulations !! The wait will be hard ,but just remember it will be cooler then and more enjoyable when it shows up. ;D

farmfromkansas

You can get some logs cut before getting the mill. Might want to buy a bucket of anchor seal and paint the ends.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Durf700

thats awesome!!!   your gonna love it!  be sure to post pictures of your new mill!!! 

Nebraska

Just fyi Doc it's hard to hear that cell phone go off when your sawing. ;)

petefrom bearswamp

Put it in your shirt pocket on vibrate.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

DocGP

If i put it in my pocket on vibrate,  then i have to answer it!!!
Ole Country Vet
LT 50 HDD
Stihl MS 261 C-M

Nebraska

Stephen1

Congratulations!
I would bug them for the discount. I was 2 weeks away from the fall sale and they gave me the discount. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

DocGP

Stephen,

Thank you go much!!  Made a phone call to my WM rep, she called corporate, and they applied discount!!

2600 bucks!!

Now that's customer service!!

Doc

Ole Country Vet
LT 50 HDD
Stihl MS 261 C-M

cutterboy

Great news Doc! A brand new mill and $2600 in your pocket. :laugh:
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Durf700

if you didnt buy the fine adjust outriggers have them put them on with the discount!!!! 

Stephen1

Quote from: DocGP on August 20, 2020, 02:58:27 PM
Stephen,

Thank you go much!!  Made a phone call to my WM rep, she called corporate, and they applied discount!!

2600 bucks!!

Now that's customer service!!

Doc
No better customer service than from WM. They are my all round favourite buisness to deal with. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

teakwood

I have to confirm that, even here in Costa Rica they are great to deal with, (which is really not the norm)

I bought 3 different bands from them to see which cuts best in teak, and the bimetal was very bad, didn't cut at all. and the guy changed me the band back and gave me the equivalent in silvertip bands! 
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Stephen1

Quote from: teakwood on August 26, 2020, 08:15:57 AM
I have to confirm that, even here in Costa Rica they are great to deal with, (which is really not the norm)

I bought 3 different bands from them to see which cuts best in teak, and the bimetal was very bad, didn't cut at all. and the guy changed me the band back and gave me the equivalent in silvertip bands!
How are the silver tips working in the teak?
I was sawing some 30" WO the other day with the bimetal and had a slight wave. 

teakwood

For me, double hard works good in teak and now i'm a fan of the silvertip, it's even better. they told me that it won't take as much resharpening as a double hard, so we will see. they cost the same. and the silvertip hold the edge much longer.

the woodmizer guy told me that all his customer use bimetal in teak, but for me it didn't work. Maybe because i have a small mill with low power, i changed it from a 20hp honda to 7.5 electric. but for me it works that way, also the bimetal a 3times the price of the other blades
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

scsmith42

Congratulations on your new mill, and welcome to the club!

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Thank You Sponsors!