iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Look Out For Bugs

Started by Gary_C, July 01, 2013, 07:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary_C

Humans are far outnumbered on this planet by the bugs, both big and microscopic. But help is coming.

Hospitals seek high-tech help for hand hygiene

My wife keeps a small bottle of hand sanitizer in her purse and uses it after store visits, etc. I can't say that sanitizer is one of the must have items in my pickup, but maybe it should be.

When you are working in the woods, do you wash your dirty hands before you grab that sandwich you brought with you?
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Ianab

Ahh.. but from a different point of view...

Trying to live in a "sterile" environment is even worse. I can understand the point in a hospital, where you have all sorts of nasty germs and folks that are already sick, and hence vulnerable to random infections.

But for someone who is healthy and working outdoors, don't sweat the "germs". Brush off the worst of the dirt and tree sap and grab that sammie. I'm also in the "let your kids play in the dirt and eat some worms" camp. Let them develop a healthy immune system, it will serve them well later.

On similar another note, I'm just shaking off a viral infection that I caught off the kids, about 50 years after I should have  ::) A healthy toddler shakes it in about 3 days, my feet are still tender after a week.  >:(
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand,_foot_and_mouth_disease

My problem, I never went to day care or pre-school, so I've not been exposed before.  ::) 1 year old Taylor had some spots and was grumpy for a couple of days, now she is sweet.

But no amount of wipes will protect you from a 1 year old with that pox.  :D

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Thank You Sponsors!