iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

More ac questions about my logging truck.

Started by Woodhauler, July 03, 2012, 06:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

I got to change the expander valve cause its plugged and causes freeze ups. My problem is i can't start the lines coming out of it! Steel lines that have growed into the aluminum block! Really want to save the evaperator, which costs 250$$$$ Any ideas on how to start the lines?
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

snowstorm

went thru the same thing with my star car. i did get it off. the expanshion valve changes it from a gas to a liquid or the other way around. heat will help

bushmechanic

Hey woodhauler if your trying to get the line off the fitting that is screwed into the block then what I do is take a small hammer and hit the line fitting on the flats and this will swell the tube nut and it will release and unscrew.If it's the fitting in the aluminum the a little heat from the propane torch will do the trick.Keep in mind what do you have to lose?

Woodhauler

Well i got it changed! Had one fitting left out of four when it twisted the pipe off the condenser! A 25 dollar fix cost me 500 for parts and 275 labor! But it is working now!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Autocar

A twenty five dollar fix cost me five hundred  :D Where have I heard that   :D Guess it happens to all of us.
Bill

sandhills

Not trying to brag but I'm sure I could have at least doubled that  ;)

Woodhauler

thecfarm

Seems like my luck too. It's always the last one or the one that is hardest to get at that will give me a hard time.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Decked

Thank You Sponsors!