iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MS 250 es

Started by plt, December 02, 2013, 05:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plt

I have the aforementioned saw and need some suggestions. I also have a 034AV I've had some 25 years. This say is the reason I bought another Stihl. Maybe what I'm wanting this little say can't do, but I need to be told so.

What it's doing is a couple of things. When I first get it started and set in in a tree, after 2 of 3 cuts when I let it go to idle, it's dies. Then it is somewhat troublesome to get back running. But when I do, when it's cutting at WOT it sounds like it's bumping against a governor. Then is bogs down in it cut. I have to back off and get the rpm back up. I'll get back in the cut and it will cut like crazy and then it bogs down again. I'm not forcing if to cut and the chain in sharp. I don't know it it's loosing it's prime are if what it's doing is natural. I know the 034 is one fantastic saw. It's never let me down and cuts like crazy. It's just to heavy for me to use on and smaller cuts.

Any idea what going on here?
Duty, the the sublimest word in our language.

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less.
Robert E Lee.

clww

Lots of possibilities, so the experts will be on here soon.
How old is your saw?
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

AdkStihl

If your talking about the MS250 running like that, it could be a number of issues but I would start by replacing the fuel hose and filter
J.Miller Photography

plt

I've had the saw about 6 months.

I clean the filter quite often but the hose I've not touched.
Duty, the the sublimest word in our language.

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less.
Robert E Lee.

Thank You Sponsors!