iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Split Wood

Started by Loesshillslogging, April 18, 2016, 04:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loesshillslogging

Started in on our stack Saturday and will do this a few more times yet, we try to process every year in April and give it the summer in the wind and sun so we have some stacking to do on pallets and those sit on cement.

Blockbuster did the processing and its mostly oak, hackberry, walnut and some hickory.

hedgerow

I also try to process firewood in April weather is usually nice. Not this year weather warmed up ground warmed up so we are planting corn in April. Usually don't start planting corn till the very end of April. The firewood will just have to wait. I normally burn 15 cords a year mild weather this last year we only burned 10 maybe this year I will get ahead.

OH logger

you split it with a blockbuster or they split it for you??
john

Loesshillslogging

OH Logger - friend of mine has the processor, he comes in for the day, does this 3x a year. We split all year doing hickory and oak for smoke wood sales.

Here is a pic from last season, a little later in the year. Two high school kids do the re-splitting using two splitters at the end of the chute. I am usually loading logs and making sure the elevator keeps running.

Loesshillslogging

Hope everyone has a great Spring and Summer! Take care, talk next season!

LHL

Thank You Sponsors!