iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Its a Special Day!

Started by Jeff, February 07, 2006, 10:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don K

It does seem to me lately too that people have developed the habit of repeating quotes from the posts just previous to their own. Sometimes I feel like I am reading on a broken record   :-\ :)
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Shamus

We'll be more gooder goin' in the ahead-like route while we ride shotgun, boss. Makin' us type an make reasonable replys, woof, what a taskmaster!  ;)
D&L Doublecut Synchro sawmill, Procut chainsaw mill, John Deere crawler loader,  F350 4x4 flatdeck, 20 ton logsplitter, running Stihls

Radar67

I know this falls right in with what was quoted, but it needed to be brought back up. It's getting bad again.

Quote from: Jeff on February 07, 2006, 04:04:43 PM
Redundant repetitive repetition.

Does that make sense?  I wanted to point out something that has been occurring with an alarming rate lately, almost like an infection.  You will certainly notice where it has occurred while reading with the temporarily modified format, if you read the right threads. How a little blue and the words "quote" disguise the ridiculous.  The quote function is a cool tool for a thread that runs long or over multiple pages or even for making referrals from a totally different part of the Forestry Forum, where you need to clarify what it is or who it is you are referring to and used selectively to point out and quoting parts of a post. To quote an immediatly preceeding post, time after time turns a conversation into a joke. Go out and look right now. I am sure you will agree. The Forestry Forum and its members have had a past that is well known for being friendly and inviting because we take the time to actually converse. This ain't a chat room. Its different and most of the membership realizes this and appreciates it. It one of the reasons you stuck around after your initial meeting.  I suppose some folks will think I am picking on them or directing my attention exclusivly at them, well I am not. However. if the shoe fits, its not going to come in to style here because it clashes with everything else in the closet. Please think about conversing rather then talking at someone or throwing passages around like Frisbees.

I suppose some may get a little perturbed at this "directive" but at times I feel the need to step in and "steer" just as I have always done. In the not to distant past I have actually heard "I love the Forestry Forum and the atmosphere, and the people, and having a place like this to go but I just hate the way the place is run. "  Huh? ??? :)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Warbird

Quote from: Radar67 on February 10, 2009, 10:47:25 AM
I know this falls right in with what was quoted, but it needed to be brought back up. It's getting bad again.

Quote from: Jeff on February 07, 2006, 04:04:43 PM
Redundant repetitive repetition.

I'm failing to see the problem?  ???  ;) ;D  *runs away*

Jeff

Yea, I was belittling that trend with my sarcastic post here.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,35029.msg516580.html#msg516580

Its aggravating to have to see it. Especially quoting something and repeating bunches of photos again. Quotes can be effective to refer to earlier parts of a thread, or even a totally different thread when one is trying to specify, but there are ways to do it. Only use parts of the quote, enough to give guidance to the reader, not annoyance.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

Good to refresh "our" memories.

Interesting how sometimes the "little" things bug us (and that is not meant to belittle the flashback here  :) ).

Another is making the "quote" and then answering inside the quote, so the reader has to try to sort out what is quoted and what is the response.

I'll continue to look my message over using the "preview" button, to see if the post looks right. Catches a lot of typos that way too.  ;D ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

tcsmpsi

I was feeling rather sheepish, as not knowing what was being talked about, "quote".  Then, duh, about half-way into the second page of the thread, I caught it.

Onward.   ;D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Paul_H

Probably a good time to bring this thread to the top again :)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Paul,

Can I quote you on  that?

Herb

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Texas Ranger

OK, y'all have confused me, and you can quote me on that.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

paul case

why? i thought the whole jist of this thread was to put a stop to senseless quoting?
jeff
you get no respect sometimes. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Jeff

No kidding on the fang quotes. I'm out of town at awedding and have given up on trying to catch up on the posts via this phone because of them.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

bill m

I think we should have a "No quote day" once a month or maybe even once a week. If it's not to late can today be one?
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Thank You Sponsors!