iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

custom sawyer at rest

Started by slider, October 20, 2015, 08:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slider

paid a visit to custom sawyer today.I had a tree job to quote near him so i decided to drop by.All i can say is this guy has it down pat.Picture this,He is sawing 45 ft cants while reclined in a seat with his feet propped up on a rest.Sorta like the barber shop with a big umbrella overhead giving hand signals to his employees.What's next,a big screen on the head rig so he can watch Oprah all day.All i can say is i hope some day i can get there some day.
al glenn

WDH

He was probably sipping mint juleps, too.   
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

slider

Very astute Danny mater of fact there was a glass on the console with a sporty little umbrella sticking out the top.Man what a job.
al glenn

4x4American

:D :D :D   That is hilarious!  Good for him!
Boy, back in my day..

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Now the truth comes out.
Mint Juleps...I don't think so.....Whine.....yes.....with Velveta.  :D

I'm worse than Jake....stop by the mill sometime.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Nomad

Uh...  David, some of us have already seen you "in a chair" and "at rest." :D
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

customsawyer

I have to admit it Slider. I didn't realize that you were there very long but it was obviously to long. ;)   :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

WDH

Al,

Next time you will have to make an appointment so that he will be expecting you and will be trying hard to look like that he is working hard. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

slider

I witnessed 3 people working hard but not the one wearing the big hat.
al glenn

Sixacresand

Slider,  you didn't take any pictures?  Custom Sawyer at rest part I believe,  I want to see the 45ft cant and the three guys working.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: nomad on October 21, 2015, 04:24:34 AM
     Uh...  David, some of us have already seen you "in a chair" and "at rest." :D

I was not "at rest"......I was temporarily "out of gear".  ;D

customsawyer

Letting your turbo cool down.  :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

4x4American

Quote from: customsawyer on October 21, 2015, 05:12:11 AM
I have to admit it Slider. I didn't realize that you were there very long but it was obviously to long. ;)   :D

BURN!!! 

Gonna have to borrow that one...

I like to tell people when they're leaving, come back when you don't have so much time!  Or, keep in touch with yourself!
Boy, back in my day..

kelLOGg

If there are no pics then it didn't happen.

Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

WV Sawmiller

Slider,

I first thought one of my fellow FF members had died and gone to that big sawdust pile in the sky. Glad it was just a typical day on the mill.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

customsawyer

Here is a little bit more information for you guys. For the record ole Slider likes to stretch the truth just a bit. A good example is the fact that I was cutting a 34' cant but by the time he made his post it had grown to 45'.  ;D
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Sixacresand

Quote from: customsawyer on October 21, 2015, 04:32:19 PM
ole Slider likes to stretch the truth just a bit.  ;D
I never done That.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Sixacresand

slider

I have been without a camera for two months.Two digital coolpix are toast. They don't fair well with saw dust.I found one on ebay today.I can only say this ,when that silver f-150 pulls up at the custom-super sawyer work site he won't be laid out like our favorite goat for long.
al glenn

4x4American

Ah just get a disposable camera they are dependable
Boy, back in my day..

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: slider on October 21, 2015, 08:13:01 PM
I can only say this ,when that silver f-150 pulls up at the custom-super sawyer work site he won't be laid out like our favorite goat for long.

Nothing wrong with being laid out as long as your making money.  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!