iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM LT40 Drive belt replacement

Started by GeorgeK, November 08, 2014, 06:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeK

I had my drive belt self destruct tonight. I had adjusted the tension about 20 hours ago an it looked fine. I have never changed on before. I took the brake off to get the old belt out. Does the new one go in that way or is their anything else I need to do in the morning to get it installed. I know 7/16 at 24 lbs after installed for a new belt.

This is a 2008 LT40 with 51 HP Cat.

Thanks,

George
George Kalbfleisch
Woodmizer LT40, twin blade edger, Bobcat A300, Kubota L48 and yes several logrites!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I can't remember who posted it George but try searching in the search box. A member had a thread with detailed pics about replacing the belt.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

MartyParsons

Hello,
You may find it easier to remove the plug or vent for the up down gear box and then the belt will fit between the gear box and the brake drum. Make sure you back off the linkage for belt adjustment before you engauge the auto clutch. Once you adjust cut a few logs and recheck belt adjustment. Also check the linkage piviot balls and lube them while you have it off. They will wear if not lubed and come loose.
One more thing grease the clutch pivot with grease gun. Fitting is behind the up down gear box.

Hope this helps.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

GeorgeK

Thanks Marty

Also I tried searching but did not find a post.
George Kalbfleisch
Woodmizer LT40, twin blade edger, Bobcat A300, Kubota L48 and yes several logrites!

terrifictimbersllc

I had to unbolt the up/down gearbox and push it aside and even then it was a very hard squeeze.  Now that I have a cogged belt on it, it will be easier, as the corner of the gearbox can squeeze through one of the cogs.

2001 LT40 super, 42Hp kubota
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Will_Johnson

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

reswire

Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

prittgers

WM Tech in Indianapolis suggested I put a thin layer of bar soap on the new belt to help it burnish as it seats in.  Sometimes a new belt grabs and slaps the pulley.  Sounds like a good idea.  Good luck!  That D51 sure is a nice motor.
Parker Rittgers
Professional Sawyer, Retired, well, not really !
WoodMizer Alaska | 907.360.2497 cell 336.5143 office BevelSider.com ? Everything BevelSider
prittgers@aksamill.com

Thank You Sponsors!