iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

White pine slabs and hobby horses

Started by Dana Stanley, August 25, 2019, 06:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana Stanley

So I finally got to try the mill on the trailer, and it went very well I put the big log on with the winch, and bracket that I made last week. One log was 8'x 24" one was 3'x 26"(had to trim it down to get it to 26", and one was 4'x 24". I had to put new rear guide bearings, but I had ordered them as the last time I ran it, asI could hear they were getting loud. I've cut about 16 logs 14" to 26" x 12'-6" doesn't seem like the bearings should have let go already, but I am just learning, so maybe I have been pushing too hard on it!

Tough cutting a 36" log when you have 37" between bucks, but I used some of the 4' boards that I cut to make it work. I made slabs that will likely be board n batten, and I made 4x4s, and 4x6 for timber frame saw horses. My wifes cousin wanted to make some, to try his hand at timber framing. So I made enough for me too, that was out of the 3 and 4' logs, I made some wide pieces for signs too.
I do have a question as you can see in one of the pic I was getting some waves when entering the cut. I adjusted the blade guides to be sure they weren't loose, but it did it still. It did seem to stop after a while, and didn't do it at all on the narrower cants.

So glad to be up and running, I have had all this other stuff to do, and have been anxious to get back to it.

Making Sawdust, boards and signs.
Woodland Mills HM-126
Kabota B-7800 with backhoe and loader
Ford Ranger, Husqvarna 455 20", Mac 610 24", other chainsaws 14", 23 ton log splitter
Matthew 3:10

doc henderson

i always enter the cut slow until i cannot see the blade, but those look to be 6 " in.  not sure.  the end product looks great, congrats.  i am sure you will get the bugs worked out.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Dana Stanley

Oh ya! I cleaved a 1/4 " off of the tip of one of the stops while wrestling with the 36"x 26" logett! Something I was sure I wouldn't do. ;D Didn't seem to hurt the blade.
Making Sawdust, boards and signs.
Woodland Mills HM-126
Kabota B-7800 with backhoe and loader
Ford Ranger, Husqvarna 455 20", Mac 610 24", other chainsaws 14", 23 ton log splitter
Matthew 3:10

Thank You Sponsors!