iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Member location on posts

Started by Ianab, April 27, 2004, 05:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

I see that small change where it now shows a members location on each post.. but it no longer shows the actual country they are from? ( it was a country flag right? )  I've changed mine to show NZ in the location, cos I was pretty sure no one outside of NZ would have ANY idea where Taranaki is. Of course 90% of the members are from the USA, but it's still interesting to see where my fellow forieners are from :P ???

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Jeff

I have the option, to show the flag, show the location in text, or both. I thought I would change it for awhile. I had both on there but it looked rather cluttered. I can try it again if ya want.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ianab

Well I think the flags look good :D

Thanks Jeff
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

DanG

Well, by Jiminy Cricket, that looks cool! 8)  We may even learn what all the flags look like, too. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Haytrader

Jeff,

I REALLY like the change. It saves me the time of clicking on a members name to see where they are from. I know the issue of member biography has been hashed, but I wish there was a way to see on thier post if they have filled it out. I enjoy reading everyones bios and wish all would fill it out. There is so much diversity on here and I haven't read one that is boring.
Keep up the good work.
Haytrader

redpowerd

NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

redpowerd

tried to take the 'NY' off the location, went to edit profile, wouldnt let me do it, said (view/profile)??????
i know ive changed it before
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Jeff

Since you wanted to take it off, I took it off for you. You were looking in the wrong place. You edit your location where you would efit your members map.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

redpowerd

thanks jeff, thought it might save some room for all my pictures ::)
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

redpowerd

'stead of senior member, how do you make it say "farmhand"?
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD