iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Great Great Grandmother's Swedish Pancakes

Started by oldsaw, December 20, 2010, 08:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldsaw

Very simple, and just as good.  My kids won't eat regular pancakes anymore.

Mix 6 large eggs, 4 cups of milk, 3 Tbsp of oil (I use olive oil for a twist, but vegetable oil is fine), 1 Tbsp of sugar, 1 1/2 tsp salt.  Pour into 2 3/4 cups of flour and beat together.  The batter is going to be really thin, these will be like crepes rather than "normal" pancakes.

Spray a bit of Pam on a large frying pan or griddle, and pour out a 7" diameter or so pancake, working the batter out as you pour it with a ladle.  As soon as the top is starting to bubble and dry, flip for about another 30 seconds, tip onto a plate and start the next one.  they should be whitish in color when you have it all right, and as thin as a tortilla.

To serve, put one or two on a plate, put some butter and syrup on them, then roll them up with your fork.  All that's left is the eating, and seconds and thirds.
So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

Weekend_Sawyer

Sounds like the German Pancakes my aunt Eilsa used to make.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

nas

Or the Dutch pancakes we have most saturday mornings :).  I prefer to cook them in butter.  The only thing is that you need to make sure you use pure maple syrup, not pole syrup ;)

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Raider Bill

I made buckwheat pancakes for supper last night. Love them nice and thin and well done. I use bacon grease to fry them in and a cast iron pan.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Texas Ranger

Or the first pan cakes my wife made as newly weds.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

1938farmall

Or Norwegian pancakes.  Butter instead of Pam tastes better to me.  :)  al
aka oldnorskie

Thank You Sponsors!