iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Part Two Of My Trip

Started by Autocar, March 29, 2013, 06:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

For the ones that haven't read part one in Outdoor Activities this is part two. Being in other parts of the country I always try to locate loggers to see how the other guy dose it. As I drove down this sand rode I came upon a five ton army truck parked along the road where numbers of log trailers loaded with 10/12 inch yellowpine tree length. There behind a pickup were a number of fellowes with a deep fryer cooking while another fellow breaded the fish. I thought for a minuite about Swamp Loggers Bobby Goodson because they seem to cook alot on there jobs. I stopped and interduced myself and learned it was a farther, son and the sons, son and a number of consulting foresters. After talking a while I learned this is a southern tradition. I believe the fish were groupers tasted like blue gills to me and they got a good laugh out of that. Running a Tigercat tree harvester cutting 13 loads a day and delivering them to a plant that makes colored maulch. Holy cow I thought with our economy that seemed to me a risky bussiness, they were cutting every three rows and every other tree in the rows that were left on a 1700 acre site. Scharing there dinner with me and learning about other operations it was a enjoyable noon hour with these southern gentleman.
Bill

m wood

nice going autocar...live and learn as I always say ;D
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

Woodhauler

Sounds like my kind of trip!!!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Meadows Miller

Gday

Thanks for sharing another part of your trip Auto I am the same I love to see how other people Do It  ;) ;D ;D 8)

325 ton of logs is a fair ole tonnage to be putting out daily that would equate to 800  odd cubic meters of chip using the old two n a half rule one ton of logs will make two an a half cube of chip or near on a thousand yards with the conversion  :)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

lumberjack48

This was one of my problems, when ever we went some where i was looking at the timber and looking for loggers. The wife didn't appreciate it, she said this is why were going, is to get away from that, you know how that works guys ;D
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

logman81

I do the same thing but the wife is used to it.
Precision Firewood & Logging

Thank You Sponsors!