iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Gas Mixture Uses

Started by catvet, November 23, 2005, 09:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catvet

So I bought, and mixed, too much gas for my stihl saw.  Does anyone know if this mixture could be used in other equipment (other than two cycle engines)?  It's a 1:50 mix.  I was wondering if I could add it my ATV or some other use before it goes stale.  I'm pretty much done with sawing for the winter.  I actually have most of next year's firewood supply cut and split.
Catvet

Northern Vermont

beenthere

Next years?  I'm working to get the following year after next year split. I prefer it to dry at least 2 years, and hopefully 3 under cover. But that is just my hang-up.  :)  I think I have more than enough or this year and next, but as long as I enjoy making it, and have pallets to stack the split wood onto, I'll keep cuttin and splittin.

How much 'extra' gas do you have? 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Max sawdust

Hey beenthere,
You can come and split some of mine ;D  I have 100 cords in 100 inch lenght and still burning green wood this winter ::)
Since the main living level is only heated with wood the wife gets mad when she has to start a fire when I am gone :(  Too much birch bark required :o
No time for splitting with all that felling and milling that needs t
o be done.
Just kidding...I am with you on never having enough dry wood.
max
Catvet howmuch do you have premixed ???  No boat or snowmobile ???
Sounds like a good excuse to buy a boat or snomobile ;D  or some other cool two cycle toy.
True Timbers
Cedar Products-Log & Timber Frame Building-Milling-Positive Impact Forestscaping-Cut to Order Lumber

Dale Hatfield

I only have mixed gas here on the farm.  The push mower / garden tractor/ 4 wheeler weedeater chainsaws all  get it. My trucks  even got it  in some as needed cases.   I dont really think its an issue . Their is very little oil in a 50:1 mix ratio.  It not like dumping in gallons of oil into the tank.  I  would just call it top end lube and dump it into a gas sucking monster.
Dale
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

David_c

If just a couple gallons dump it into car or truck. It won't hurt it. If more than a couple then do it a over next few tanks of fuel.

mike_van

I wouldn't worry about 50/1 either - burn it in any engine -  now the old 16/1 you would want to spread out some -
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

catvet

Thanks all.  We are only talking somewhere between 1 and 2 gal.  Thought I was doing more cutting than I did. 
Catvet

Northern Vermont

Thank You Sponsors!