iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Efco 156 p/c kit

Started by strongsaw, December 23, 2016, 02:32:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strongsaw

Anyone know where I can get a good after market piston, cylinder kit for Efco 156. Could probably go OEM but they are pricey. I would consider a good used one. Piston I have is shot. Cylinder might be useable, but will take some work, pretty marked up. I was told to hone it some, but maybe that's not a good idea. Any suggestions will be appreciated.   Thanks      Greg

NCFarmboy

You can upgrade it to 162/962 for the same money. Seller Dandrikop sells very good AM parts.   Reputable seller.  I just bought a 962 cylinder kit from him. I didn't see that kit in his store.  All I found was a piston kit for your 156.  Here is link to piston you can message him for cylinder kits for 156 162.(Ebay ad removed by Admin)
Site sponsor Chainsawr sells Efco piston kits.  Just bought some pistons from him.
Don't hone your cylinder there are better/safer ways to remove transfer.  Also need to find out why it scored or it will happen again.
Shep
Lots & Lots of Saws

strongsaw

Thanks so much for the info. I did work on my cylinder some and lightly honed it. Showed it to my local Husky dealer/mechanic he said it looked usable. Hadn't honed enough to ruin it. Bought a AM piston kit from chainsawr. He had a kit with a used cylinder but guess I'll use the one I have. If I had known I could up grade to a 162 that is what I would have done, those kit are available. Good info for the future. I bought this saw in it's present condition, been used very little. Think it was straight gassed. I will check it all for air leaks and adjust carb. Was told it's been setting for a couple years, so carb may need attention. Thanks again, Shep

Thank You Sponsors!