cypress porch swing

Started by caveman, June 21, 2021, 03:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caveman

I finished a porch swing yesterday afternoon.  My youngest daughter wants to help build one for her sister (my middle daughter), who is getting married next month, but it will likely be out of pine.

This was a good project to use up some boards that did not make good 8' lumber.  

Caveman

Magicman

I love the design!!   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

caveman

I just got it hung from a live oak limb in between my folks' house and mine. I had to hustle to pick Pop up from dialysis (I'm in the parking lot waiting on him now). My mother called a few minutes ago and said it was comfortable and that she was swinging in it. 
My late father in law gave my wife and me one made out of western cedar shortly after we were married. I liked it a lot and made a pattern out of it when it was past its usefulness. 
Caveman

Larry

Excellent work and a great way to use up small lumber pieces!
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Jeff

I'd love to try that one out!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

caveman

Jeff, If you ever get lost and find yourself down here in this sauna (Florida in the summer) you are more than welcome to try it out.  John and I need to start making more stuff out of short pieces.  Sometimes we end up with 4'-6' logs or boards due to folks wanting 10' or 12' material out of our 16' logs.
John recently built a nice table using short pine boards.  I did not get a finished picture of the table.

Maybe @JMoore will post a finished picture.

Caveman

Bruno of NH

Cavey
That swing is very nice Sir
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

customsawyer

That would be a fine addition to my porch. Hint hint.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

caveman

Thank you, Bruno.  Jake, host another project and we'll see what we can do.  I miss seeing my FF friends.
Caveman

Woodey

Nice Design. Looks heavy duty.
WOODMIZER LT40HDD34CAT w/accuset
JLG SKYTRAK 6036 Telescopic Forklift
NYLE L200 KILN
BAKER M412 MOULDER

caveman

Thank you.  It has been so wet and humid here  over the past week that the slats started to mold, even though they were previously dry.  I took the swing out of the oak tree and put inside the shop in front of a fan.  This one will wind up on my daughter's porch.  I hung a rubber playground swing in its place for now.
Caveman

cbla