iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

"optimized" picture

Started by johncinquo, January 27, 2003, 09:18:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johncinquo

I just gotta try and make this picture thing work again.  Lets see if it takes.  I will jest say, even with those inx, itaint that easy.
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

johncinquo

HA ha! It has been a learning experience today.  After posting it twice, I then learnt how to delete my own post.  Another hour and I will be dangerous.  Now see if I can post those tree pics I have been saving.  
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

ADfields

You just get safer with time not more dangerous.   BUT in an hour you will know some more ways that you were dangerous the hole time. :D :D :D
Andy

johnjbc

Looks like you have a few saws there
LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

johncinquo

I have a couple.  Heres is one of my favorites. This is my 1971 Mcculloch 10-10.  It is brand new, and has never cut any wood.  
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

beenthere

;D
If you treat 'em right, those McCulloch's last a long, long time.  ::)
 ;D

Is that a "keeper" that you have had since new, or a "new, old stock" that you found?
I see by your Bio that you help others "save" as well as save yourself. Keep on havin' fun.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

johncinquo

It is a NOS I found on ebay and bought.  I have a ton of other parts and pieces that I keep collecting along the way.  In first picture you can see my m47.  Talk about a beast  7 cubic inches and weighs about 28 lbs.  I have mailed out a few parts to others along the way to help them out, like others have done for me.  I started with my Great Grampas 1961 1-51 that I actually used a couple years to cut personal firewood, and the rest is history.  After it broke, it took me 18 months to find parts and get it going again.  I now have 2 of those and I get my old man out and we "race" to see who can file better or tweak something a little different or keep it from stalling. I get a kick when he gets misty watching me race it.  
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

RMay

Johncinquo nice saw how can you keep it out of the wood . I got a 700 in 1975 it is still runing . the SP 80 & 81 was hot saws .I had 4 if them . 8)
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

johncinquo

well as you can see, I have plenty of others to cut with.  I could start it up and go to cuttin at any time, and I like that, it is just unique to have one that has never cut wood.  There are plenty out there that are still running today just fine.  I have a super 44 that I am having some work done on and I hope to really get some speed out of next spring.  I do have more current saws for serious work (if you call it that).  I have been experimenting with the makita saws and am trying to locate a used one in the 90 cc range next.  About 1/3 of the weight of those old macs and 2x more power.  I still havent found a Mac SP 125 that I can get at a reasonable price, but when I do it should be a blast.  I usually take just about everything I have out to the woods at least once a year and fire em up and cut through something a bit.  Take em back home, clean em up and put back on the shelf.  If it does not run, I kinda feel bad for it.  Enjoy yours, JB  
I would post a pic here, but it still takes me 20 minutes to go through all that!
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

Bro. Noble

johncinquo,

I didn't see any of the old Mac saws like I have in your pictures.  Thought I would dig one out so I could tell you what model they are.  They are model 'Pioneer'------I'm a little red in the face :-[ ::)

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

johncinquo

Thats all right, we'll just called it winter wind burn.   :D  I still say if it has the glass fuel filter as you described it is a pretty good find.  I will try and get a good pic of mine like that so you can see and compare.   Pioneer was swallowed up along the way like all the rest.  
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

Thank You Sponsors!