iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Titans

Started by 21incher, February 18, 2024, 09:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

Been watching a new show on the weather Channel tonight and am enjoying it. not a high drama series like some others  :thumbsup:
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

hedgerow

Happen to catch it last night. Looks to be a new series. I like it so far. 

JD Guy

I enjoyed it also.Thanks to the member that originally gave the heads up on the show. The type and scope of logging they are doing is something that I would never have the opportunity to experience first hand. Whether or not it gets better or turns into a "drama fest" will determine whether I'm a long term viewer  ffwave

21incher

Episode 2 tonight at 9  ffcool.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Mooseherder

Another weather channel series for the dvr!  Network TV world has gone to the dogs might as well watch the weather Channel.
High Artic Haulers, Highway thru Hell, Heavy Rescue 401, Ice Pilots NWT,  and a water salvage show.  They all get the short straw when a big weather event is happening.  ffcheesy

rusticretreater

I was able to find a chrome extension VPN that would let me watch it. Watching episode #1 right now. That old wood must be worth a ton of money.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

21incher

Quote from: rusticretreater on February 26, 2024, 12:18:36 AMI was able to find a chrome extension VPN that would let me watch it. Watching episode #1 right now. That old wood must be worth a ton of money.
They compared it to finding gold nuggets spreadout on the hillsides.  I would like to see it sawn.

chet

Quote from: rusticretreater on February 26, 2024, 12:18:36 AMI was able to find a chrome extension VPN that would let me watch it. Watching episode #1 right now. That old wood must be worth a ton of money.
Can you elaborate on the hookup you found?
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

rusticretreater

I didn't know if I should.  If the admins don't mind here it is.  They can delete the post if they do mind with apologies.

I tried several VPN plugins/extensions for chrome browser.  None worked until I searched for Canadian VPN as its free on CTV.ca.  I found one named UrbanVPN that worked fine.  Watched all three episodes available.  Another is to be aired tonight.

Its pretty much the Gold Rush tv show with loggers instead.
Kubota BX25
Homemade Log Arch
Husqvarna 562xp

rusticretreater

Quote from: 21incher on February 26, 2024, 07:13:29 AMThey compared it to finding gold nuggets spreadout on the hillsides.  I would like to see it sawn.
Sports Illustrated is promoting the series for some reason.  Here is a youtube that they had imbedded on their website showing a slabbing of a huge log.

https://www.si.com/tv/entertainment/2024/02/18/timber-titans-free-live-stream-series-premiere-online

https://youtu.be/RdVMeq_hwso
Kubota BX25
Homemade Log Arch
Husqvarna 562xp

Magicman

Yup, Cussin'-N-Draggin' but it is still better than whatever else is on the tube.  ffcheesy
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

chet

Thanks, I now know what's up for this evening.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

rusticretreater

Logging with the biggest baddest helicopter sky crane there is.  20,000 pound logs.  Still some big wood in the world.
Kubota BX25
Homemade Log Arch
Husqvarna 562xp

21incher

Timber titans again tonight.  I am enjoying this series.  

rusticretreater

They said that big helicopter costs $16k an hour.  It makes me really wonder about the economics of it all.
Kubota BX25
Homemade Log Arch
Husqvarna 562xp

21incher

Another good one tonight.   :thumbsup:

Bruno of NH

You can watch it on U tube without commercials if you have the no commercials service
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

doc henderson

I like the younger guy that always has a smile on his face.  Logging in memory of his dad who taught him everything he knows.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Bruno of NH on April 01, 2024, 05:09:34 PMYou can watch it on U tube without commercials if you have the no commercials service
Thank You Bruno! I keep forgetting when this is on and haven't seen any of it yet. I'll start watching later. Seems credible from the comments.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

doc henderson

not much yelling or cussing.  The big drama is when a machine breaks down or a truck get stuck and needs a push.  real stuff, not fabricated.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

rusticretreater

Interesting to see the techniques being used and the one company entirely dependent on an old machine which they wrangle with daily.  Also kind of amazed at how ill equipped they are to work on mechanical issues with the equipment.

IMO, they drag the show down with the studio segments of the guys saying really obvious things.
Kubota BX25
Homemade Log Arch
Husqvarna 562xp

Old Greenhorn

Well I am about 2 episodes in and it is enjoyable, but a little repetitive, because that is the job. No drama, I like that too. That is mighty hard work for sure. I see some things that I don't understand, like when they got pulled out due to fog, they left all their saws in the bush.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

Yeah, it's on free web streaming services here, commercial free.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

B.C.C. Lapp

Quote from: rusticretreater on March 17, 2024, 11:41:21 PMThey said that big helicopter costs $16k an hour.  It makes me really wonder about the economics of it all.
Me to.   I wonder, if the cameras were not there, would the job even be happening that way?  I doubt it.
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

Thank You Sponsors!